10.02.2007

what's that white stuff?

Saturday was a wonderful day, we were able to attend Charity's baptism and it was beautiful of course. I had the chance to spend an hour or so with her a few days ago to do some baptism pictures for her.She is a special girl and we're glad to have her in our family. Josh came with Sydney and the twins BY HIMSELF! He's crazy, we all agreed but we all sure enjoyed holding those babies and telling him to enjoy the break. Matt said it's a Moore thing not to want to accept help from anyone, he may be right but we did our best to break Josh of the guilt. I can't believe how big the twins are getting, I should've snapped a few pictures of them, but Allie was in charge of the camera for most the day so all of the pictures look like this.Nice Allie, very reverent feeling! :) We came home after the baptism to change into warm slippers and spend a nice rainy Saturday in doors doing things around the house and eating soup for lunch. I love cold rainy days like this, it's such a good excuse to not have to go anywhwere...In fact, I spent the afternoon working on some thank you notes that I have been meaning to send, just look at all that GOOD MAIL! And notice my super-cute return address labels that I ordered from good things along with some fun personalized cards. Anyway, I passed by one of our windows and was SHOCKED to see SNOW!Holy crap! Snow? I've lived here for 14 plus years now, and I can't remember it ever snowing in September! None of it stuck and it turned back into rain a little later on, but for like a solid hour, we had giant white flakes that couldn't be mistaken for sleet or slush or anything but the fluffy white stuff. This picture of our backyard doesn't do it justice, it was really coming down heavy, I just couldn't believe it! What do you do? Later we did brave the weather to do dinner at Lonestar with the Merrill's which was just what the doctor ordered, yummy steak and mashed potatoes. Mmmmm...no picture because both of our husbands, and probably Lauri, would've rolled their eyes. People are getting tired of posing for blog pictures!

No comments: