10.16.2007

in the leafy tree tops the birds sing good morning...

A few weeks ago Rich helped me clean all the bee's nests that were in this old bird feeder that we inherited with the house. It hangs off of our small back deck which is visible through the office doors. We filled it with bird seed and I was so disappointed that for days there were no birds. I figured we had failed. But it must be like when a new restaurant opens and it needs a little word of mouth help to become popular. Because in about a week you could look out there and see anywhere from three to seven birds all at one time trying to take turns eating our bird seed! I'm not sure what this is about, but it creates the happiest feeling in me, I just love the site of birds out the window enjoying breakfast. There is a tree right by the bird feeder and so when they're not eating they're hanging out in the tree. These photographs are courtesy of Taylor, all of the kids have been as excited as me, it's been a fun little family thing we have going here. In fact, the birds like our seed so much that we had to fill up the feeder with another bag within two weeks! YAY! ....they're first to see the sun, they must tell everyone, in the leafy tree tops the birds sing good morning! (this is one of Ethan's favorite songs btw)

No comments: