1. I have been trying to make some progress on our visiting teaching (formal) room. I pulled down all of the old chair-rail, mudded like a mad person and then primed.
2. On Sunday I photographed my brother, Jason & Leah's family, the leaves are beautiful and they got lots of great photos.
3. We did dinner at Mom & Dad's house for dinner on Sunday to celebrate Brandon's birthday (which was really yesterday). I really enjoyed hanging out with the fam and eating one of my favorite (but not Rich's) dinners, goolash YUM! We had that super-rich chocolate cake from Costco for dessert, really good but only for a few bites and then you feel sick! I love that feeling!Happy Birthday Brandon!
5. Tuesday we got interrupted doing Sally Foster because Allie wasn't feeling well and came home to do this...
Poor Allie, she is also prone to knock-you-off-your-feet miagrains like her mom, no fun at all! She slept on the couch for FOUR hours and then woke up happy as can be. Ahhhh. A minute after Allie called, Patsy's little guy Trent called to say that he wasn't feeling well! Luckily, we have been able to make good progress on the orders so sick kids did not detour us too much. There's finally a light at the end of the Sally Foster tunnel!
6. Over the course of the last week we noticed that our hot water supply was severly lacking. Then Sunday we woke up to a freezing cold house and ZERO hot water and realized, our boiler is out. We have radiant heat (really hot water moves through pipes in th floor which heats our house - I Looooooove this type of heat btw) so it's all connected and so we are FREEZING at our house! A repair guy is finally coming tomorrow but in the mean time, I have to stop typing every few minutes to blow hot breath onto my fingers, seriously. Luckily our house has a lot of sun exposure which helps to keep the temperature up and the weather is not supposed to be really cold until the weekend. AND we all have downs on our beds, and I sleep with Rich the human space heater, sorry kids. Rich spent about 40 minutes downstairs with the heater guy and afterwards told me that unfortunately he saw WAY more than plumber's crack! I don't have anything but mental pictures for this entry, you're welcome.
7. While Patsy and I are doing Sally Foster, poor Ethan goes without attention and sometimes supervision and so I have been finding a lot of things like this lately...
7. While Patsy and I are doing Sally Foster, poor Ethan goes without attention and sometimes supervision and so I have been finding a lot of things like this lately...
8. T'is the season for family Christmas card photos, which means several shoots lately which makes for a mountain of photo editing, but I did finally get Lori's baby pictures on line! YAY! Today I photographed an adorable baby Sophie, her handmade blessing dress was so beautiful, I wish I could sew like this!

9. On Saturday Rich took the kids (minus Taylor who decided he's too old now) to Grandma Todd's annual Halloween Party. She is in her nineties but she still throws a party every year for the great grandkids and younger grand kids at her house. I stayed home to paint and I sent Allie with the camera who has a great eye but later told me that all the pictures she took turned out blurry and she deleted them, bummer. 10. Have you seen me around town lately? I keep forgetting to blog about this...
11. Because of the heat/hot water issue, we have been taking field trips up to Wayne & Eileen's condo (they're in Africa) to take showers at night. It's actually been kind of nice because the kids have a quiet, distraction-free place to read and do homework while they wait for their turn in the tub.
12. Laundry heaven, well as close to heaven as laundry can get...
13. After photos this morning I headed to Annie's house to help with a special craft project we are working on for a special someone.
Ok, that was a lot of pressure to think of thirteen things to blog about, I think it's time for bed. Tomorrow is the Halloween parade and the spook alley that the sixth grade puts on every year. It is one of the things Allie has been looking forward to the most being a sixth grader this year. AND, it's Friday, which is always a great day. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment