10.17.2007

rain rain, you're ok

This morning was dark and cold and raining like crazy, the perfect excuse to stay in my pajamas, and leave Ethan in his while we did laundry and enjoyed more hot chocolate. I thought I should call April and invite her over to hang today and about one minute later, the phone rang and it was her! This happens to me all the time! She had the same thought, so brought the kids over and we enjoyed the day playing with the kids and looking up stuff on line. Then we decided it was a soup day for sure, so we made a trip to the grocery store and bought everything we would need to make white chili, YUM-O. April is great because when she comes over, especially after grocery shopping, she cleans out and organizes the fridge and pantry and starts dinner all by herself while I'm trying to balance homework and after school craziness. I should've taken a picture today, I think I didn't because my hair was so dirty! This is one I took of her at the pumpkin patch the other day. She thinks its funny to capture pictures of me "in my element", so just to be a brat, I snapped this one of her too. When I'm feeling stuck in my life, she comes over for the day, picks me up, dusts me off and helps me start fresh. Apey, or Apes as we lovingly call her, is one great sister-in-law and I love her to pieces!

No comments: