10.06.2007
auntie alisa
When I was a little girl, I totally worshiped my cute Aunt Alisa who is my mom's baby sister and only ten years older than me. I remember watching her put her make-up on in the mirror and trying to memorize every little detail so that when I was old enough I could wear my make-up just like her. It's no wonder I idolized her, she is so beautiful, she has always turned heads everywhere she goes and she can get any guy to do anything for her, all she has to do is flash her smile at him, and so of course that's why we hate her, just kidding! She used to come and baby sit us when my mom went out of town and she would tell us that we had to call her "auntie alisa" (with a british accent of course) because she thought auntie was so much cuter than aunt, especially because in America everyone pronounces is like the bug's name. One of my favorite photos is of me laying next to her in the backyard trying to get a suntan. All of the other cousins are playing in the sprinkler, but I was where Alisa was, she was trying to get a tan, so I was too. I'll have to find that pic and edit this post later. She has always been one of my favorite people, except when I was 14 and she lived with us for a little while, but she shouldn't take it personally because I was an onry teenager and didn't really like anybody that year. She is so funny, I mean, tears rolling down your cheeks kind of funny whenever she's around because she tells the best stories and is so animated. She lives in Alaska but visits often and when she comes into town we always have a good time. Tonight was no different, we had a girl's night out, with NO BABIES, yay! Dinner at McGrath's and dessert at Z-tejas (because they have the most awesome dutch oven cobbler) and I'm sure everyone in the restaurant thought we'd had too much to drink (although none of us had had a drop of course) because we were laughing so hard and loud, you know that obnoxious table of people that you hate to sit next to in a restaurant? Yup, that was us, it was so fun, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I'm going to try to remember that the next time I sit next to that kind of table, they're just having some long over-due belly laughing time. So the funniest thing happened while eating dessert. Leah found a wrapper at the bottom of her cobbler, we all laughed, it wasn't hair so it was kind of funny.
The waiter took her's away to get her a new one and then April and I both pulled wrappers out of ours, butter wrappers to be exact. The manager came back with a new one for Leah but April and I told him we were fine with ours, it wasn't that big of a deal, and then the thing that tipped us over the histeria cliff was that Leah pulled out another butter wrapper from the new one that the manager had just brought her! Seriously, I guess you had to be there, but we all about died laughing! We got our desserts for free, I guess that's to be expected, but we left the waiter a great tip because he was a good sport! And he took a picture for us to remember the event.
Alisa's in town for the week, so hopefully more good stories are on their way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment