10.13.2007

drama king

A few weeks ago, Spencer came home from school VERY excited to tell me that he had been chosen in his class to play Christopher Columbus in their fifth grade play. He said several boys "auditioned" for the part but he was chosen. Spencer has such a dramatic personality, always over-reacting to everything whether it be good news or bad. His favorite dinner time activity is re-enacting his favorite scenes from various TV programs. He does this until Rich tells him he has met his quota for the night. He worked very hard to memorize all of his lines and was super proud of the costume that he had to wear, he loved the awesome hat especially. This picture was his scene with the queen of Spain who was played by the girl that makes Spencer's heart all aflutter, her name is Kiersten and isn't she cute? (don't tell Spencer I told you this)Ethan and I attended his play this morning and he was GREAT! I did have a hard time getting him to hold still for a picture because all he wanted to do was show Ethan off to his friends and teachers, he loves being a big brother, but eventually I did get a photograph or two, or twenty...I hope he continues to enjoy the stage, it so fits him!

No comments: