10.29.2007
attack of the hungry ducks
Saturday we decided we had all this bread on the brink of disgusting and it was beautiful weather, so why not go to the park to feed the ducks right? We sat down on the bench to get the bread out and before we knew it we were surrounded by very large, very aggressive and very hungry ducks! I should've taken a picture with my feet in the shot so you could see how close they ALL were to us, it was craziness!

It was just a little intimidating, especially the large swans that were biting the necks of the little ducks who were trying to eat too! Yikes! Thank goodness we had a lot of bread and hopefully they all got a belly full.
I was surprised how unafraid of the noisy ducks Ethan was, he just threw bread to them and tried a few times to touch them, but Rich was afraid for his fingers and stopped him just short of a hungry duck's bill. As soon as the ducks saw that we were out of bread, they all went to the water (Rich said, they only loved us for our bread) and Ethan thought maybe he would follow them, luckily we have three older children to help keep this kid in tow or we would be in trouble.
At the playground the older kids rode the merry go round for so long, that Spencer did this in the grass for the rest of the time we were there...
Duh is all I have to say, except you have to say it like du-ah. 
Allie has been begging to braid my hair lately, so I finally let her that morning and so that's why in these pictures, I look like someone trying to be younger than I really am.
I thought I would not bring my big camera today so that I could enjoy actually playing with my darling family rather than shooting them. So, I brought along my little point and shoot and I regretted it all day long. I am just never satistfied with the pictures that I get from my point and shoot, I'm spoiled I guess.
The weather and light were too perfect for photographs and I found myself longing for a better camera to hold all day. I love beautiful fall weather, is there anything better than just needing a light jacket and breathing the crisp air? Nope, not for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment