the "t" in SPT can stand for thursday right? so this is a self portait thursday because i'm a little behind this week. lelly's spt for this week was how your blog got it's name. mine is so easy because several years ago i had to do a scrapbook presentation for our stake's women's conference. i was trying to show other women that it is important to include yourself in your scrapbook, some day the pages about you will be the most precious to your children. so, i did this layout about myself entitled "the view from my lens". the journaling reads: It is true that I am definitely guilty of seeing the world through the lens of my camera. Special events are really just "photo-ops" for me, a good excuse to snap some pictures. This picture of me is probably a pretty accurate reflection of how my kids will remember me, behind my camera. But truth be told, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't pin-point exactly what it is about photography that I love so much, the subjects, the lighting, the pure ART of it all. But, I do know that when a pictures come back with all of the right elements, I get a rush of adrenaline that's better than ice cream. My skill has improved over the years, but I still have lots to learn. Hopefully my kids will not grow too weary of posing and they might even appreciate some of the precious moments I have been able to capture.
Since this blog is really just a digital scrapbook/journal kind of a thing, "the view from my lens" seemed like an appropriate title. many of my moments, as a mother, a wife, and especially a photographer are experienced through my view finder. and that's ok with me, it's one of my biggest joys.
**is your hobby better than ice cream?**
3 comments:
i love that you were able to pull from your scrapbook page - it is so important for us mom/family photographers to remember to get on the other side of the lens now and again.
better than ice cream? hmmm, i'll have to think on that...
Wow this is my favorite post ever! Great job/ great scrapbook page. I think you are right, it is so important to document something on ourselves. Who knows what weird, wrong thing the kids will remember. I feel like I need PROOF that I wasn't always a goof ball around here! Now my blog is my story. Love it!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love photography too! I love what you wrote on your page, and I just finished writing a comment on Lelly's site that talked about how important it is to capture yourself for progenitors, that's one of the reasons I'm doing this...well that, and it's cheap therapy. LOL!
Post a Comment