1.05.2008
giggly girls tell all
Allie has such a great group of girlfriends, we are just so blessed. One of her cute friends started a book club last month and Friday night was our turn to host. It's supposed to be a late night pj's required sort of book club which makes it all the more fun. Allie chose The Barrowers to read and as far as we could tell it was a hit. Although, they needed some help thinking of good questions to keep the discussion going. I think for the 45 minutes of discussion time, only about 5 maybe 8 were spent on the actual book. :)
We chose to make banana royales for dessert and they were a big hit, especially the cherries, no surprise there. 
The best part for me, was pulling a chair up the table with my bowl of ice cream and listening and getting a little glimpse into what my daughter's school life is like - espcially at the lunch table. They were so loud and giggly and so excited to share every bit of "who loves who" info that they had stored away in their little girly brains. They were raising their hands like their bladders were going to burst and fighting over who's turn it was to talk! Chloe was the biggest shock of the evening. Normally quiet and reserved, she informed us all that she confronted Riggs during student council and asked him flat out "who do you like?" Then the part that made them all gasp, "he admitted who he likes, he just said it flat out like he wasn't even embarrassed! He likes CARLY!" Then she said that she went right home and wrote it all down in her journal so she wouldn't forget. I just laughed and laughed, this was one of many amusing stories of the evening, no need to record them all, you get the idea. It made me grateful that Allie has so much fun with friends that she has known for so long. We moved around so much growing up that I'm not sure that I really had this until Jr. High with Marci. It's one of the reasons I have refused to leave this little place we call Mayberry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to say that I am a little shocked myself here- that Chloe she is such a cutie! You think you know - I think I know- but that girl's got some guts.
Thanks for hosting it's our turn next month- YA for great friends!!
Post a Comment