1.09.2008

don't stop believin'

Everyone who knows me, well, maybe most of you know that I'm a Steve Perry fan. (btw, doesn't this photograph just take your back?) The other day "don't stop believin'" (one of my faves) came on the radio when I was dropping Taylor off at James' house. I start screaming like an obsessed girl-fan in the audience at a Beatles concert and Taylor just rolls his eyes and says, "mom is this a Journey song?" Not just a Journey song Taylor, a Journey song, you gotta say it like it smells good enough to eat! I know this is wierd because I generally don't love the 80's rock era, I've been know to refer to it as the "overly used and abused synthesizer era", but there's just something about Steve Perry's voice that gets me every time. No one else can sing like that baby! Kathy Z is one of my favorite blogs to check in on, I laugh outloud to no one else in the office almost every time I read her. So imagine how my love for her soared when I read this. I too am a "super-fan". I miss him too Kath, I miss him too. Where is he by the way? I had to look it up on line because I thought for a long time he had died! I also really enjoyed her entry on New Year's Resolutions, especially the cursing resolution which is a little PG-13 so be warned. Do you know that the music note he wears around his neck was a good luck charm given to him by his mother? If you were a fan you would know this information. Just kidding, I read it on Wikipedia when I looked him up.


**do you miss Steve Perry too?**
**what surprise song on the radio makes your scream like a beatles girl?**

2 comments:

patsy said...

This may jeapordize our friendship...

I hate Journey. I may have graduated from H.S. in the 80's but after 82' I hate the music. I am more of a early 70's early 80's-girl.
I hope you can forgive me.

jakenapril said...

Wende, we are two peas in a pod. How can anyone not like JOURNEY!!! Hello...they're the soundtrack to the 80s.