Last weekend my mom's company had a summer party at a ranch and my mom invited us all to come along, (she just wants to show off the grand kids I know it has nothing to do with me).
It was bloody hot outside but the kids had a blast at all of the different activities.
Taylor especially loved the velcro wall. First you adorn this ridiculous suit made completely out of velcro material. Only Taylor could pull off not looking fat in a suit like this!

After you're dressed, it goes like this...

JUMP... JUMP... STICK...WEDGY!
Pretty funny, but it didn't stop him from doing it several more times.
All of them enjoyed rock climbing, and the big slide.
The kids took Ethan down the big slide a few times but he wasn't super interested. In fact, the only thing he wanted to do was look at, and touch, the Holiday Inn stock car that was there on display. We looked at it and then left to go do something else and then every time I turned my head, all I had to do was look toward the car and there was Ethan. I thought maybe his obsession with the Disney movie "Cars" was because of the movie, but maybe it really is because he loves cars. It was like a real life Lightning McQueen, only green. At least he had a good time.

I mentioned the heat right? Well, the kids didn't get to swim, we arrived a little too late and so they decided to take advantage of the giant metal trough that was filled with ice and bottled water. Let's just say, a water fight broke out and so my whole reasoning for not wanting to let them swim because I didn't want to drive all the way home with wet children, went right out the window. They might as well have jumped in the pool fully clothed. At least they're cool now. Spencer did not appreciate the water fight as much as Taylor and Allie, but they didn't seem to hold that against him, they seemed to fine with helping him get wet just the same. What a good brother and sister he has, considering his feelings like that.

All in all, it was a fun day. I appreciated the time with my mom, we don't hang out as much as we should. We've been lucky this summer to have family in from out of town that we played together a lot more than usual which is of course great. Allie had fun trying to pose us for these pictures.

Ethan was grandpa's shadow this whole day, but I will post about that later. I need to get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment