11.07.2007

SPT last minute voting

I'm finally on board with this SPT stuff, check out Lelly's blog to read more about it. It stands for She Photographs on Tuesdays and every Tuesday there is some kind of journaling start to keep you blogging about yourself. So, yesterday's SPT was about voting. The list of things, people and places was especially long yesterday, even for a Tuesday which almost always end in chocolate. I printed out my Tuesday list and hung it on the cupboard so the family could keep up with who and where. I printed "DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!" as a note to myself that I could possibly get carried away and forget. I vote where Spencer goes to school and since I was there twice yesterday to pick him up and drop him off for a Dr.'s appt that would've been my perfect opportunity, but no. In picking him up I was of course running a few minutes late so no time there. At the dr.'s office I kept seeing people with there cute read "I voted" stickers and started to feel a little naked to be honest. When I dropped Spencer at school after the appt my bladder was so full that I knew I couldn't take the long line just then and peeing in the public school bathroom? I don't think so. On the way home from Taylor's choir concert I told the kids to wait in the car (don't be angry at me, they're older children and it's ok to leave them in the car) and dashed into the voting both just before closing time. I never even thought to take a cool picture like Jill. Next time. There are advantages to voting early, you get to wear a cool sticker all day not to mention crossing the item off of your mental list. By the time I voted there were no stickers left! Last night I had a dream that I was headed into a busy mall with tons of people and there was a lady wearing a voting sticker asking everyone if they had voted today or not while she checked for their sticker. She angrily asked me why I had not voted and I said, "but I did vote, just now!" She glared at me and said, "then where's your voting sticker?!" I had no idea the sticker was that important to me, actually I think it's the deeper message about how important voting is to me, but next year I'll be sure to vote early so I can wear one all day long.

No comments: