11.24.2007

freezing and lovin' it

Tonight Spencer and Isaac are passing off one of their last requirements for the Arrow of Light Award by sleeping in a tent that they helped pitch. It's pitched in Isaac's backyard and it's about 28 degrees outside right now. YIKES! We set them up with many layers of clothing, hand warmers at the bottom of their sleeping bags (Taylor said this worked really well during their Klondike campout last year) and an air matress to keep them off the ground. They were pretty psyched tonight when we were taking pictures, probably because neither of our families have sleep-overs and so this is a rare thing to hang out all night. I guess we'll see if they still have all their fingers and toes in the morning and whether or not they actually get any sleep. I have my doubts. I'm so grateful that Spencer has been able to make such good friends in this new neighborhood. It's something that we didn't really have before we moved and it's been such a blessing. Isaac's mom and I are both excited for them to grow up together, we hope they stay friends for a long time to come. If they survive the night that is...
***EDIT*** Spencer and Isaac survived their night of freezing temperatures. The next morning Spencer came home with a red nose and the first words out of his mouth were, "that was so fun, we need to do it again....(pause)....but next time we should do it in the summer because we froze our buns off last night!" He said that their hand warmer packets never heated up! Bummer! I guess they really do make a difference!

No comments: