11.11.2007
bitter sweet
Although as mothers we are particularly proud of our missionary sons, sending them away from home for two years is a bitter sweet experience. Today was Brian's farewell and let me just say, that I didn't cry that much at my own brothers' farewells (sorry, love you guys). It was a very emotional day, and also a very spiritual one. During Brian's talk the spirit was so strong and I was grateful for the rejuvenation to my soul. I just kept thinking of Patsy and if I were her, how I would be feeling (proud and sad) and then Brian said, as he started to cry, "I just can't talk and look at my mom". He is such an awesome kid, seriously, a total ham, he is going to have the best time and other missionaries are going to wish for him as a companion becuase he will make the work fun! I can't wait to see some of the pictures he sends home, he is also a wonderful photographer.
People in Chile will feel of his love and spirit and testimony and be drawn to his message of the truthfulness of the gospel. Afterwards, Patsy's house was hopping with sooo many well-wishers, which doesn't surprise me because I'm sure Brian has an army of friends who love him, he's just that kind of person that everyone wants to call friend. These were only some of the shoes piled by the door...
I had my camera out so I could help Patsy take pictures, I knew she would be too overwhelmed. I had to take pictures of these to DIE for brownies made my Linda the caterer who everyone loves.
Is there a better dessert than brownies? Lovely, gooey brownies and it didn't hurt that they were three inches thick, oh my chocolate goodness!
My second favorite treat are lemon bars, these were the best I've ever tasted and I will be asking Patsy for the recipe as soon as her life calms down. It's hard to imagine that I had any room left over for a sandwich and salad, but I stuffed it all in and it was worth it. YUM! At the end, Patsy hugged me and told me she loved me, I was so touched. We have known each other for years, but this last little while we have grown so close and I value her friendship so much. I will be thinking about her on Wednesday around 11am while they're taking Brian to the MTC. Bitter sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment