12.16.2007

my personal shopper

Friday is always a whirl-wind because it's early out, which I LOVE because I'm the crazy mom who loves to have her children home, but it also means I have to run errands quickly, which I am incapable of doing. Apey and I went to the Gateway mall on Friday to do some Christmas shopping and it was SO flippin' cold that I found myself crossing the street just to make sure we were walking on the side of the road with sun. I swear it was ten degrees warmer on the side of the street, brrrrrrr. I couldn't even bring myself to dig out the camera to get a picture of the bundled babies until we were safe and warm inside one of the stores. The babies loved being outside, Ethan is never concerned about the weather, maybe because I'm psycho about making sure he's warm enough, in fact, maybe one of my kids should blog about how bothered I am when they choose not to wear a coat in winter! I can't blame Ethan for having fun, it really was great to get outside and see the decorations and all the shoppers, I love Gateway mall being outdoors, it really is a fun place, fresh air and all. Apey always makes shopping fun too, I tell her she should do it for a living because she is really good at finding what you're looking for. All you have to do is say, "Apes, I can't find the right size of jeans for Rich." Then she proceeds to search, dig and even climb her way around the store until she has them safely in her hands. Seriously, you think I'm kidding but she should be a personal shopper. She even remembers sizes from the last time I sent her digging, incredible, because every time I buy a pair of pants for Rich I have to call him and ask him, "now what's your pant size again?" We took several self portaits in the beautiful winter light, but none of them saved except this one, have I mentioned how much I dislike the purse camera? Thank goodness it was a cute one, but again, what's up with the size of my head? Do I really have a big head and no one is telling me? Later after Rich came home from work, we tried to finish up our shopping, but we are still chasing that last gift to get for the thirteen year old boy. We have no ideas left in our brains, any suggestions?

**Are you crazy about making your kids dress warmly?**
**Can you remember your husband's pant size?**
**Have you ever had a personal shopper?**
**What in the heck can I buy for a thirteen year old boy who doesn't even know what to ask for!?**

5 comments:

patsy said...

First off- You don't have a big head... for real, it's just the angle or something.
Second- does april have a blog?
Third- I am just laughing inside because I can NEVER remember my husbands pant size, what's up with that? We are so much alike it's spooky.
Shopping with friends is a new found discovery for me. It is so much more fun than shopping by myself!
Last- good luck on the thirteen year old present- I actually have an idea- I will email it to you!
ps. personal shopper-ha are you kidding?

patsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hailey said...

wende, you should get taylor a horse. that's what i would want. . . :D (or a whale or something. he would love you forever)

hailey

patsy said...

Hey I'm just leaving a comment to see if my picture comes up. By the way, I am dying to go to Archivers but I am OUT of money--- DANGIT! I still have your cards & they are mostly Christmas ones--- sorry.

Janae said...

Wende~ I agree with Patsy, it's the angle of the camera.
Also, I really like my kids too dress warm. I have noticed with them being true Utah kiddos (growing up here, not a transplant like me) they don't seem to get cold like I do! It drives me nuts! It's still no excuse...they need to wear a coat:)
I would love a personal shopper...never had one though.
Doug recently changed his pant size;). It is now easier to remember. I don't know why that is though.
btw~ I tagged you...check it out:)