12.13.2007

my wish came true

I forgot to post about yesterday, Wednesday which did not turn out at all like I had planned but ended up being a totally great day. I was supposed to have some plans with Patsy, but as it turned out, her husband took the day off of work, and so I had an entire day with nothing planned! This rarely happens and so I tried to take advantage of the time. I decided that since there was no real pressing reason to venture outside in the bitter cold, Ethan and I stayed home ALL day long! We did tons and tons of laundry which has been severly neglected, we cooked a real dinner, Ethan got a bath and while he splashed I cleaned the bathroom and then we watched Finding Nemo, together. It was so great. We also had peanut butter and jelly for lunch, Ethan's favorite.I grabbed my camera to take some photos of him because I haven't for a while and I was just so surprised by how big he is getting and how tickled I am about how much he looks like Rich. When Rich and I were debating about having another baby, he said no way, and I tried really hard to just let go of the idea of having number four because I knew it stressed him out to even think of it. But then I would come down the stairs and see this absolutely adorable picture of Rich as a little boy (one of these days I'll scan it in so you can see it to, have to find it first) and would think to myself, "no way, I just have to have one of those in my house!" So, the tickled feeling comes from knowing that "one of those" is exactly what I got! A little mini-Rich, that cute adorable boy from the picture was sitting at my counter today eating peanut butter and jelly, it was kind of a shocking feeling and made me feel joyfully happy all day long.He really is a handful but a happy-go-lucky kind of handful and he is such a joy to all of us, I'm grateful that my wish came true. Spencer even put up our tree for us at the end of the day because his mom was in a good peaceful place even at the end of the day that she could handle one more thing like decorating. It ended up being too late to actually get lights and ornaments on, that will have to be a weekend project, but hey, at least the tree is up right? I love days like this.
**When was the last time you stayed home all day just because you could?**
**Do you like peanut butter and jelly?**
**Have your wishes come true?**

3 comments:

patsy said...

Wow~ I really need a good day like that. My house & my soul feel like a tornato struck us both. I am so happy your dreams have come true! I have had my wishes & dreams come true- I can completely relate to that. I hope today is good for you too!

Janae said...

What a great day:) I love the pictures of you little guy. I can't believe how big he is!

Hailey said...

Wende - ethan is the cutest little tyke! I just love him to death. you are one lucky mother. . .

hailey