
Wayne and Eileen's church block was not until 1pm and our block is at 9am with primary/sunday school first. My kids love their friends and teachers so much that they all got up on their own, got ready and went to our block of church long enough for primary and sunday school. Spencer especially has had a huge turn around this year, I'm sure it has something to do with having friends in his primary class and also his wonderful teachers the Millers. I definitely pick my battles with this kid and one of them is letting him wear a polo shirt and dress pants instead of a shirt and tie. He has never been excited about going in the first place and he absolutely hates wearing a button up, much less a tie. So, I decided I would fight that battle later when he became a Deacon and kind of has to. So today, I never even saw the kids leave, I'm lame and decided to stay home to cook brownies knowing that I would get my church in later on. So when Spencer came home from church looking like this, I was shocked! I told him how handsome he looked and asked if I could take his picture. He beemed and said, "yes, you should take my picture and then blog about how this is the first time I've ever worn a tie!" I laughed and said, "that is exactly why I want to take your picture!" Funny kid, next time you see him, tell him you saw him on the blog wearing a tie and that he looked so handsome! :)
EDIT: Ok, what I really wanted to say in this entry and didn't, is how grateful I am to the youth leaders in our ward who can do for our kids what we as parents just some times can't. Like get Spencer excited about attending church. I think that we don't realize as leaders the influence that we have on these kids, for good or bad, and because the Millers love him just for him he felt comfortable and somewhere along the line started enjoying his time in their class. I'm going to send them some good mail for sure, they need to know what they've started here. I'm just so thankful for loving leaders who embrace my kids.
3 comments:
Spence does look good in a tie. Add my vote. :)
Way to go spencer- what a stud in a white shirt & tie!
ps. and two times to church? What in the world? GREAT kids you've got there!
Post a Comment