9.10.2007

no nap today

Toddlerhood is a difficult time for any mother, and toddler for that matter, but it is also one of my favorite times of their development. They are such a handful but they are so funny with all of their new discoveries and letting their personalities out more and more each day. We laugh all the time around here because there's always something new to laugh about with Ethan. He has had an easier time adjusting to the kids being gone than I thought he would, but that's maybe because we are playing so much. He toddles around the house and we sing silly songs and do chores and sometimes just lay on my bed reading books. It's funny because I don't really know how to parent just one toddler at time, and I've decided that it's kind of fun! There are definitely pros and cons to how far spaced your children are. Unfortunately, when you are the caboose baby of busy older children, your nap schedule sometimes takes a backseat. So, the other day when Ethan didn't get a nap due to a crazy schedule, he carried around his blanket all afternoon and then finally just laid down and crashed in the middle of the living room floor. I guess you have to be pretty tired to just stop like that, poor kid. Where's his mother?

No comments: