So, birthdays sometimes make you reflect on your life which I started to do while giving Ethan a bath tonight. I was thinking about what I would write here on my blog and what I came up with is just how incredibly grateful I am for my wonderful life. Life is good at thirty-three, I have no complaints. I am married to a wonderful man and I very much enjoy being his wife and I can't even think of anything I would rather be doing than raising these fantastic kids of mine.

Rich has a great job and it affords me the opportunity to stay home and be a mom, for which I am extremely thankful. We live in a great neighborhood, we have wonderful friends and family who love us, good schools, healthy bodies, testimonies, seriously, what else is there? So, I know I already posted this pic a week or so ago, but it's just so appropriate to me today, to put it here. It sums up what a lucky thirty-three year old I am.
9.12.2007
lucky thirty-three
Today is my thirty-third birthday, or "double threes" as Allie put it today. It's been a fun day so far, my favorite part every year is all of the birthday wishes left on my answering machine for me to listen to when I get home. It's so nice being part of such a big family, on both sides, because so many people remember your birthday. My dad even called to sing happy birthday to me, what a cute man. So this year, Rich and I met Frank and Jenny at Happy Sumo for a sushi lunch and of course I forgot to get a picture, Rich is crying about that I'm sure. Jenny also has a September 12th birthday and we were even born the same year. Sushi is kind of a tradition for us, we try to celebrate together when we can. April kept Ethan for me so I could actually have a conversation with my lunch table and I'm so grateful. Afterward I did a little shopping, again, with no stroller and no toddler that I had to bribe with a sucker just to get through the store. Thanks April! It was nice to meet Rich in the middle of the day for lunch, that doesn't happen often enough and I need to make it a priority. The downside to date lunch was that I didn't see Lauri very much today, we decided to celebrate another day which is great because it just makes the birthday celebrating drag out, nothing wrong with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment