9.27.2007

autumn envy

Today April and I headed up to Park City to get a little closer to being ready for winter. PC is hit and miss with good deals and today was ok. The kids were so good though and it was beautiful weather, so there were no complaints from me! The drive was beautiful, April tried to take some pictures through the car window but none of them do justice to the fall colors. (I didn't realize she had taken a picture of me too)
It makes me miss Virginia in a bad way, this was my most favorite time of year when I lived back east because all of the incredible green turns the most amazing colors you think you're in a painting. Especially the drives to church, our building was located right on the George Washington Parkway and the view of the water all lined with countless trees was breath taking. In Utah we have to settle for the mostly brown mountains with spots of red and yellow. I guess I will take it because it's better than nothing but I feel like the people who've never seen the trees in fall back east have no idea what they're missing! I tried to look on line to find a picture of the GW Parkway in the autumn time but didn't find anything great. This is the best I can do for now, at least you get the idea...I will keep looking, it would be worth having the reminder.
I was thinking the other day about Ethan and how much time this poor kid has to spend in the car, (today included) I guess that's your lot when you're the caboose of the family, he gets drug around everywhere I have to go. I try to make it as fun for him as possible and he doesn't really seem to mind. I let the kids play at the playground while we were in PC today, to try to let them stretch their legs and have a break from the stroller/carseat.
Ethan has been loving going to parks lately with all of our Tuesday play dates with the cousins, he is learning to be more brave on the slide but only if it's a small one! We did find some killer deals at Old Navy and I even bought some things for ME - that never happens! I'm glad to be nearly all done with the winter shopping, I think all I have left are coats and boots, yay! I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday! I'm going to have a long meeting with Kristy about gift baskets (for our school's fundraiser). I feel so sad that I have only been blogging for a few months, last year was one of the best years I've ever had and I wish that all of the fundraising and volunteer work was well documented. Oh well, I guess I will have to do an extra good job this year....more on that later. Great day!

No comments: