4.08.2009

productivity = happy me

spring break was the perfect mix of lazy and productive. we spent equal amounts of time in our pajamas playing boardgames (thanks to all the rain and lousy weather), and making good progress on some projects around the house. and just to satisfy my need for a pat on the back, here's a few of the things i crossed off of the list.

*finished hanging eight new sets of blinds - complete with cursing, don't judge me. * hung three of the four new valances that my sweet MIL made for me, including getting the hardware up. by the way i am IN LOVE with this fabric! * took down ethan's crib (i know, i know, i don't know - why did we wait so long?). * set up allie's old bed in ethan's room with new bedding. * sanded, washed, taped, primed and painted all the red drawers and five cupboard doors.* scrubbed my bathroom which hasn't seen a cleaning chemical in far too long.
* sent EIGHT ginormous bags to good will and four more bags to friends for hand-me-downs.
this week i learned that i am more productive when people are home, play time feels more fun and less indulgent when it's preceeded by accomplishments, and i am a happier, more patient mom when i can make a dent in my to-do list. and that SNORTA is my new favorite game to play, if you haven't tried it, you definitely should. it's one of those easy to catch on, belly laugh enducing kind of games. oh, and one more thing, i really enjoyed having lousy weather because it meant i didn't have to start on the spring yard work just yet. yee ha.

8 comments:

shannon said...

Man!-You really DID go to town!
Kudos to your accomplishments!

I've never heard of SNORTA before, but anything that produces belly laughs is a hit with me!

She Loves To Make said...

Holy cow! You got so much done and everything looks great!

Karrie said...

I love the new blinds and drapes so so so cute...I need to see it in person...are we coming to your house this week? I need some of that productivity around here!!

Unknown said...

wow!! good for you getting all those projects finished and they look great!! i will def have to check out the game - even the pieces look funny!

Kristy said...

You rock girl!!! Can you send some energy my way???? Everything looks great!

Thanks for all the clothes Kyle is in heaven! :)

patsy said...

holy moly---

that's a lot of work there!!
very impressive

I can't believe how cute your cabinets are coming out... makes me think (very briefly) about doing my own... nah

Janae said...

I don't know how i missed all these great posts! I guess i am lagging on my blogging...yeah for such a productive week! And, that game looks very fun, i've never heard of it.

Kayleen said...

good for you to get so much done! I slept a ton over spring break. feel a lot better!
and LOVE the Snorta game! one of our favorites! :)