8.07.2008

lunch ladies move over!

this morning i brought along the teenager, bright and early, to help me beef up our food storage at the dry pack. it was easy to talk him into it, taylor is always willing to help with anything, i love this about him. 0f course, in my sales pitch to get him to come, i left out the part about how we would have to wear sexy lunch-lady hats, this may have been a deal breaker but he didn't complain about it, he's so easy going. we had a lot of fun together and with the other ward members, we packed a lot of this: (wheat if you can't tell by the photo)two cases of it were ours, i love to eat this stuff for breakfast but haven't since i was a little girl. i'll be calling my mom tomorrow to remember how to make it. i should've taken a photo of all the cases of food that we ended up with at the end, i'm so grateful for the dry pack! next time though, we're bringing along the other two big kids to help, it'll be a sexy hat party.

6 comments:

Karrie said...

Seeing these pictures just makes me think of that Adam Sandler lunch ladies skit on Sat. Night Live. I think it's called "livin in lunch lady land"

Today's meatloaf is tomorrow's sloppy joe.

Way to man up Taylor and wear the hat...he pulls it off nicely!

Kristy said...

I have never been to the dry pack.....one day I will have to go, I need a bunch of stuff. Love the sexy hats. I have an unlimited supply at the hospital if you need some more. I get to wear them occasionly but I don't look really sexy in them.

patsy said...

taylor is so cool-
what a great guy going to the dry pack!

michelle said...

That is so great! I have never thought of bringing kids along to the cannery.

Stacie said...

Okay--so you got me feeling guilty about my current food storage situation! I know I need to be better about it but it is always at the back of my mind--not the front! :)

I think I better get working on that and maybe I can get one of those hats! ;)

I think it is great to bring your kids if they are old enough! What an experience doing service!

Janae said...

Yeah Taylor...a helpful kid is hard to find these days!
And, Wende yeah for you for getting your food storage beefed up!