2.29.2008

random bits of friday

taylor's love of sewing continues with these awesome pajama pants that he made in FACTS at school. he was so excited when we found this electric guitar fabric - so taylor. he got an 'A' on this project and can't wait to start the next one - a large "stuffed" electric guitar. no girlie sewing projects for this teenager. pictures are courtesy of allie who had way too much fun photographing him in all sorts of "punk rock" poses which will not be included in this post. we all know that allie loves to sew, so she was thrilled when grandma gave her a year's worth of sewing lessons and a joanne's gift card for christmas. she is very excited for the sewing projects to come but also because grandma is so fun and we always enjoying spending some time at her house. i'm glad for allie to have the one on one time with her, that's not easy to come by when there are 23 other grandkids to love!last week on our way home from sewing, we were talking about what we love about grandma. we came up with patient, kind and loving. allie said, "i just know grandma loves me." i agree! today was also a check up at the dentist for all the children, this was ethan's first time. he watched allie get her teeth cleaned and was more cooperative than i would've guessed. he didn't love having his teeth looked at, but really, does anyone? just about every friday this group of boys gets together to hang out which usually means a lot of pizza is consumed and somethng electronic is being played in the backround. but, after nate gave our family a bunch of really great board games for christmas, something amazing happened! they started playing settlers of catan and can officially be called settlers nerds. last week they had to end "one of the best games we've ever played" (taylor's words) before it was finished and so taylor actually photographed each player's cards and what the main board looked like so they could set things back up this week and it could be exactly the way it was and they could keep playing. yea, like i said, nerds. i really do love this group of boys that taylor hangs out with, they are good kids and you can't ask for more than that in the eighth grade right?
**are you a settler's nerd?
what is your favorite board game?
what's your favorite thing about your grandma?
do you enjoy your time at the dentist**

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like Ethan did well at the dentist. I need to take all of my kids in to the dentist we are past due! I dread going because Jake has horrible teeth and we end up spending a ton of money!

Anonymous said...

I just got reminded of our whole families Dentist appointment with Dr. Stark (our Uncle) And we have to reschedule because it's when we are gone...ooops! I love the pajama pants. I teased Micah soo much when he seemed to really get into it and liked it. Now he even trys to help with some sewing projects at home, but the best part was the fact that he had Construction Tech at the same time he had FACTS and righ before mid terms he had a "C" in Construction Tech and an "A" in FACTS. Troy and I teased him and said he must have found his calling in life. Ha Ha.

patsy said...

I have only played settler's once. You guys are truly the game family. I love board games but don't play them enough. My fav is Squence.
i am sad to say I didn't know either of my grandmothers well. I remember little bits about them. We were never close & only saw them maybe once a year if that. So sad. I got to know brett's grandma a little. She was such a great lady. I miss her sometimes. Brett is her only grandson & she used to grab his cheeks & tell him how handsome he is. The thing I like about her the most though was her happy attitude. she never really complained no matter how tough life got. She would say- that's just how it is-

Going to the dentist is a complete nightmare at our house!!! Trent oh man I can't even tell you. Everyone else is okay- he just completely loses it. I am already bribing him for his next appt. & we don't even have one scheduled!!?

patsy said...

I meant SEQUENCE I am on brett's laptop I can't use these!

Janae said...

I love the dentist pictures:) A whole year of sewing lessons! That is one awesome Grandma:) I think the game night sounds really fun. How great that they are doing something fun and good:)