12.13.2007

apey day

Today was an Apey day, she came and hung out all day long with me and we had a ton of fun. Sometimes when she comes we end up watching too much TV or playing on the computer, but today we got good stuff done. Well, I did help her add her picture to her profile for her blog, but after that, we got good stuff done! After running several errands, including Costco, mmmm Costco cheese pizza is the best, we made it home to experiment with a new recipe I found for yummy pretzel hugs. They were super easy, simply lay out the pretzels on parchment paper, place a Hershey's hug on top, bake in 200 degree oven for 10 minutes. While the kisses are still melty warm, place a few m&ms on top, then place cookie sheet into the fridge for cooling. Once they are cooled, the chocolate is more set up and they are perfect size for popping them into your mouth. YUM!That's it! They were way delicious, I absolutely LOVE chocolate covered pretzels, mixing the salty and the sweet, you get the best of both worlds, as Hannah Montana would say! :) Then we made heavenly chicken lasagna which I forgot AGAIN to photograph, and she stayed for dinner. We always have such a fun time together, we laugh and laugh, especially at our cute boys who are becoming such good friends. I'm grateful to finally have sisters! I totally hit the jack pot with mine, they are all so much fun. Believe it or not, we have more to do tomorrow, maybe I'll remember to take a self portait of us, tomorrow, when I have clean hair.

**Do you love salty and sweet mixed together?**
**Do you have great sister-in-laws?**
**Do you forget to photograph your favorite dishes?**

2 comments:

patsy said...

You are so lucky to have such great sisters in your life. I love your attitude about them and your love for them.
I am dying over the pretzel hug things- yummy! Those look so good I am going to make those with Trent & chloe!
I really want your recipe for Chicken Lasagna. I have a recipe but I wonder if yours is similar?

jakenapril said...

Hello! I have to blog about my day! And, hey, I have a pretty cool sister-in-law too, YOU!! I have to blog about you... Love ya!