
last night i took allie to see a local production of the play footloose. the play was ok, not the best performance i've seen at that theater, but it was fun enough to get my toes tapping for sure. on the way home, allie and i stopped and bought the movie because the play sort of left me wanting more. more kevin bacon that is, it's just not the same without him i decided.

footloose was absolutely one of my favorites growing up, i probably wore that old vhs tape out watching it over and over. i also had a tape of the sound track, my first tape ever to be exact and i wore that out too. and man, who wasn't in love with kevin bacon after that cutting loose in the warehouse scene where he just dances his little hiney off?!

i remember thinking lots of times as a teenager that i just needed some kind of awesome get away place like that to dance off the pressures and crap of being a teenager. not to mention his jeans....oh man, almost as nice a steve perry baby! as we watched it today, i remembered how much i wanted a pair of red boots like ariel's

and how i wished that my senior prom had been as fun as theirs - no one danced at mine, how lame!

and how much i love the kid who played willard (chris penn - yes sean's brother) and the scene where ren teaches him how to dance. he steals the show and did in the play last night too.

i did read that the movie makers, who can't leave a classic alone, are doing footloose again with this cutie boy. that should be a fun time, i would be lying if i said i didn't think zac efron could look good in the dancing maniac scene. there's just something about him, such a cutie.

it was strange to see kevin bacon so young, it made me feel
kind of old, but only for a minute, until i got up and danced to the footloose song. then i just felt,
really old because it kind of hurt a little bit. nice stroll down memory lane though.
7 comments:
I am excited for the new Footloose.....I agree that Zac Efron is cute and yes I am way older than him but who cares!
great post!
I love that movie too
Oh my gosh! I loved the cowboy boots too...I had a white pair. We had to make up a cheer to "let's hear it for the boy" for HS cheerleading tryouts...that song is forever stuck in my head. I want to see the new movie...I don't want to be dissapointed though. At least we have the original "classic" to hang on to.
You are a true footloose fan Wende! I too can't imagine the show with out Kevin Bacon...even if it's at Rodgers...shouldn't Kevin still be there performing it for us?;)
I really loved this movie...thanks for the fun memories of it...I have to watch it again for sure!
Reading this made me want to watch the movie again- I haven't seen it in years! Fun post. By the way, caramel apples are one of my very favorite treats, too. I'm going to definitely try that apple pie one the next time I'm at the Gateway :)
I LOVED and still LOVE the movie Footloose!! I have even gotten my kids hooked on a lot of old 80's music and movies!! I think Zac Efron will be a great Ren but my heart still lies with Kevin Bacon!! ;)
great post and I just have to say AMEN to everything you said!! Let's hear it for the boy!! - thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Post a Comment