7.21.2008

kung fu crazy

patsy inspired me to get on it already and take my kids to see kung fu panda like i've been meaning to now for months! i ended up tending jason and leah's kids today so i called up april and asked if she was up for cousin's day at the movies? apey is alaways up for an adventure. and so we were off with nine kids, five of them, under the age of six and two crazy moms trying to control the lot of them! mom, i need popcorn, mom, i need to go potty, and ethan, what a pill! it's a good thing that the movie was so great, we laughed and laughed. it was very jack black who we are all fans of so that made it excell in it's awesomeness! it has a cute message too and we have already been searching the interenet for the movie's dialogue so we can repeat the catch phrases correctly in our house. i told the kids to strike their best kung fu pose, but whatever.this is as good as it gets in stiffling hot summer heat right? i appreciate that april is always game for whatever crazy scheme i've got cookin'. two against ten, are we crazy? yes we are, but we always have so much fun. love this girl! a good time was had by all, that's all that's important. the big kids were very helpful. on the way out of the elevator a lady chuckled when i announced, "does everyone have their little person's hand?" she probably thought i was a mom who had more than she can handle. she's probably right, but it sure is fun!

5 comments:

patsy said...

I loved kung fu panda!
what a fun movie- so glad you ventured out with all the kids- that's what summer memories are made of, right!? crazy good times

Unknown said...

i still need to go see this! thanks for the recommendation! and you ARE deserving of a medal to take that many kidlets to a show! Good for you!

Kristy said...

I still need to go and see that movie....I have been a lame mom this summer so I have a lot to catch up on. I promised the kids Cherry Hills, Lagoon, Discovery Gateway and the Aquarium.....and have not done one of them. Maybe this week we will see! You are a good Mom! Maybe next week for Cherry Hills?????

Karrie said...

I am so sad I missed this movie...Troy's Mom already took the girls so I will have to catch it when its on DVD. We saw Hancock on Sat. it was pretty good...but not a total 10.

Janae said...

I really want to take the kiddos to this one. Yeah for you for venturing out with so many! I am sure they had a great time:)