6.13.2007

What Gives? You really CAN'T have it all.

So tonight, all three of the kids came in stinking like teenagers (bleh) from jumping on the trampoline like maniacs. Then later on tonight, Ethan took his new little chair into the bathroom, shut the door, then climbed from the chair to the toilet, then to the counter and then when Allie went into the bathroom to shower, she found him sitting in the sink. I should've gotten a picture, I don't know why I didn't, because we were all too busy giggling, what a funny kid. What is it about kids that they can just go along being themselves and something simple just makes you laugh and laugh. Such JOY from this mother job I tell ya. I worry about the pressure placed on girls today, that women can have it all, career, family, etc. I think this is true, you can have it all, but there is always a cost, usually the kids pay it. I want Allie to know that she can do anything she wants, but I'm hoping I can help her see that she also needs to have priorities. Motherhood is a full time job, in fact it's two full time jobs, with no days off, sometimes there's not even a 15 minute break for days. But it's worth every minute of it to know that I'm there for my children. That's rather soap-boxish of me, but it's been on my brain lately so now I can not have to think of it for a while.

No comments: