6.24.2007

Utah Art Festival 2007


UAF is a tradition, we missed last year because Ethan was a little too little, but we always have a ton of fun. I love exposing the children to all of the different kind of artist that come and put their stuff up for sale. Of course I also love seeing the photographers' displays and also the uniqueness of some of the artists there is so great to see upclose. This year, the weather was in the 100's for all four days of the festival, so we chose to go Friday night thinking we would beat the heat. BAD idea, the freaks come out at night let me say, and it was so crowded, mostly with beer drinkers, yikes. Also, the kids' section was closed by the time we made our way over there, this is the best part for the kids, tons of interactive art projects for them to participate in and it was a huge bummer that it was closed. Ethan was a bit of a handful, it was hard for him to stay in the stroller that long which I can't blame him. I brought the backpack/leash thing that he doesn't love to wear but it served it's purpose. The kids also REJOICED in the cool steam tunnel so they could have a bit of a water break from the heat. The Mad Hatter is one of the kids' favorite parts every year and so of course we had to do that, I wasn't very impressed with the boys' creative effort, they must be getting too old. We brought James along for the ride, I laugh because he's like one of our own, I barely notice when Lauri's kids are over because they all just blend in. James is such a funny kid, he helped make kind of a lame UAF fun. Next year we'll be back but it will be during the day when the mom's with kids are there and the freaks are at their day jobs.

No comments: