friday we headed to apey's for some seriously yummy mexican food prepared by her and lauren (apey's sister who we love) to celebrate cinco de mayo. they are both fabulous cooks and i'm tellin' ya, the food was over-the-top yummy. the spread was incredible, every little last detail right down to several different kinds of salsa to authentic spanish rice and beef - these girls went all out.


even after i was full i found it difficult to tell myself to "PUT. THE NACHO. DOWN."
but how could i? could YOU resist a nacho like this? no way man. it's not within my will power limits.
we were also there to celebrate apey's birthday so lauren brought cupcakes from a new place in salt lake - SO CUPCAKE - i love their name almost as much as i loved their cupcakes.
aren't they GORGEOUS? the whole night ethan kept asking poor lauren, "can i have a tup-tate please?" see, even the three year old knew they were something special. we cut them all up so everyone could sample them all, the mini raspberry lemonade ended up being my favorite, but that's no surprise since i'm a complete SUCKER for lemon. yum. these people know how to do frosting. seriously good lemon frosting. thick and fabulous.
so happy birthday apes - you know we love you right?
but just incase you were wondering, I LOVE YOU. so glad to have you as a sister.
and just for apey's reading entertainment i put at least three typo-s in this post for her to find and correct for me. :) love you apes.
7 comments:
That mexican food looks so. good. I'm drooling over the guacamole. How fun for cinco de mayo! I'm with you on loving lemon. I eat lemon yogurt all the time (definitely not as good as a cupcake but we don't have cute cupcake shops here!)
I wish I could have been there for the food and cup cakes yummy! Hey I found a good use for broken taco shells....you can use them to make nachos grande..like the ones in your post, just on the broken shells...it's almost a meal by itself.
hmmmm that food looks so yummy. I love mexican food. I have the whole room mother thing taken care of as of today. Yes, it was very helpful to come and meet ya'll. It seems like you guys have a lot of fun. I can just drop by your house and try to get those gloves from you or my e-mail is kristaltay@hotmail.com
Mmmmm... I need some mexican now!!
Yummy!!! I need April's mexican rice recipe!!!
A fun night of yummo! The mexican food all looks so delish...and so cupcake...i'm a little too familiar with;)
what a fun dinner.
You are one step ahead of me, Wend. And so is Lolly. I think I'll have to swipe your pics from this fabulous night of tasty, yummy, fun. Thanks for sharing it with me/us. It was a b-l-a-s-t. And I can't wait to start making some headway on the new cookbook! You are the best!
By the way, all those recipes are super simple--and super tasty, otherwise we wouldn't have made them!! If anyone wants the recipe, just email me. Or contact Wende..she knows how to get a hold of me.
Post a Comment