so tonight, when rich came to bed and informed me that we have another LEAK -this time, in the dining room ceiling, i found out what it's like to have euphoria physically drain out the tips of my toes and be replaced with anxiety and dread. in an instant i pictured myself sprinting to the front yard, frantically digging a small hole and slamming a "for sale" sign down into as fast as i could.
it happened that quickly. maybe this seems like an over-reaction, ok, it IS an over-reaction, but can you blame me? i'm so done with the dang leaky pipes. we REALLY thought that the leaky pipe issues were behind us. shouldn't it be that if you write a ginormous check to fix a problem that it can be considered resolved, as in, you no longer have to worry about it? is this some kind of humbling exercise because i felt joy over the wood floors and so therefore could be considered shallow and materialistic?
it happened that quickly. maybe this seems like an over-reaction, ok, it IS an over-reaction, but can you blame me? i'm so done with the dang leaky pipes. we REALLY thought that the leaky pipe issues were behind us. shouldn't it be that if you write a ginormous check to fix a problem that it can be considered resolved, as in, you no longer have to worry about it? is this some kind of humbling exercise because i felt joy over the wood floors and so therefore could be considered shallow and materialistic? so tomorrow a guy will come and cut a big hole in the ceiling and deliver some kind of at least $1,000 diagnosis. but for now, i've decided that the word LEAK is my new cuss. i'm thinking of incorporating into my daily speaking, as in, "no LEAKing tv until your LEAKing homework is done!" or, "i don't know what to LEAKing fix for dinner", or "where in the LEAK are my LEAKing car keys?" what do you think? this could be huge, like the next mormon swear or something. if it starts to catch on, remember, you heard it here first.
11 comments:
I know all about the never ending ups and downs of house repair...it seems there's always something...
In spite of the "LEAK-in" leak, it's nice that you have been able to enjoy new floors...
I always feel so guilty when I gush over material things...but I'm shallow that way, too--I guess!
I just love things!--what can I say?!
I love the new mormon swear word...I needed a substitute for the one I've been using lately! :(
Hang in there girlfriend!!!!
I LOVE your wood floors they are soooo pretty!
Hopefully the leak is minor and can be fixed and then go on from there. I will keep thinking little leak all day and hopefully that will help!
Come over and steam some more laundry! :) It will make you feel better!
first I was happy for you and your "woodflooria" but said about the LEAK - then had a ginormous laugh at your new cuss word!! I think I will start using it!! Hope everything works out and it isn't a HUGE problem!
haha maybe I'll start the word "leak" here with the mormons in Arkansas!
holy hell-
what the leak?
Love the floors, can't believe the leak!!?
srsly?
for the LEAK!
are you LEAKing kidding me?!?
oh, wend, my heart goes out to you. i am sending happy vibes, prayers, and will make cookies ASAP as they may calm some of the LEAKing stress you may be feeling.
Love you.
Hang in there.
I honestly feel your pain. I have been there, actually I am still there. We are getting rid of our wood floor because of the Leakin leaks. We are on the second time leaks have required wood floor replacement. I really really hope you don't have it as bad as that.
Love it. I am always looking for "subs" for my out of control, when-I-am-mad, LEAKIN' potty-mouth. I am totally going to use that Wende & I will think of you each and every time. Hang in there girl.
I try to tell myself that if everything were perfect or if all of the trials I have experienced were going to be it and there would be smooth sailing from here on out ~ I would be lifted into the heavens. On the flip side, I also try to chant under my breath at moments like these that it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! it could be so much worse! And after a couple hundred times, I can start to believe it...
Holy Leakin freakin leak!!! I'm soo sorry. Hang in there!!!
I am really hoping you got good news back on this and the leakin leak is just very minor?!@#! hang in there:)
Post a Comment