12.08.2008

i don't know about you, but i'm running right out to by this cologne

i've had a rough couple of days. hey, i'm just being honest. nothing major, in fact, saturday was a perfectly wonderful day, except that i just couldn't shake the feeling that i was going to burst into tears for no reason. i hate days like this. what is it? pms? depression? i don't know, but today was better, i was so productive today, and productivity always helps. and there was this other thing that helped too... i went out to my mail box today and among the piles of junk mail and christmas ads was a macy's ad - only in the form of a phone book - sheesh! save the trees people! anyway, there were several perfume ads and this one fell out into my lap, literally, when i sat down to thumb through the pile. i picked it up and stared at it for almost a full minute before it hit me just how hillarious this photo is. i mean, what the hell was the photographer thinking taking a picture from this angle? and in a white speedo no less! and how is the model keeping a straight face while trying to look relaxed and confident with where the photographer must be standing while he's all spread eagle! and what in the world does this have to with smelling good? this guy all oiled up and sweaty, baking in the sun doesn't really make me think of nice smells. so i had one of those belly, tears coming out of my eyes kind of laughs over the whole thing. it's so stupid, but man, i feel better. so just incase you might be experiencing some winter blues, here's a photo that might make you at least smile and think, "at least i'm not wearing a white speedo in a perfume ad". note: rich just asked me if i was putting this photo up on the blog because it must remind me of him....um, no thank goodness.
**is it just me, or is this photo totally ridiculous?**
** did you laugh or squirm?**
** do you think maybe i should see a therapist if i find this amusing?**

7 comments:

Janae said...

Ok...so crazy! I have to admit I squirmed a bit...a speedo does it to me everytime! ewww...
I agree he can't be smelling very good. And, what WAS anyone in this photo shoot thinking! Actually, very funny. I am glad it gave you a good laugh when you needed one. At least the add is good for that, because I can't see it selling much perfume!

Kristy said...

I would stay away from this perfume just because of the dude and the view!!! How gross! I hate speedos too! It was bad last year when I went to watch the high school play water polo and had to see Emily's friends in speedos......a little weird!

Karrie said...

What the heck? I agreed weird choice for a perfume add....but I want to know where the banana is in the banana hammock? He looks like a Ken doll? You can delete this if you need to...but it doesn't look natural.

Liz said...

I agree with Karrie, totally air brushed. I do not go for Speedo’s but Dan does have one for under his board shorts. He swears that it dries so much faster! Let me tell you picking him one up at the store was embarrassing!!!

P.S. I got those stars at Mervyns ages ago. They actually fit on any lights ~ except for those on my Christmas tree. Isn't that Vierd?

patsy said...

the picture made me squirm
but karrie's comment has me laughing right out loud (trent just said- are you laughing at me?)

oh man - that guy is GRoss- white speedo? hee hee hee - karrie you've got guts to ask, but you know we were all thinkin it!?

Laura said...

Ha! I thought you were serious at first until I read the post. That was SCARY!

I believe this ad is aimed at gay men, not us straight women.

And to look at the bright side, at least he's wearing a speedo.

Unknown said...

thanks for the giggle - I was thinking along the same lines and also noting that his front looks a little "smooth" to be a true sex-symbol! heehee - and I agree about the oiled up & sweaty look - man, does that make me NOT want the cologne! Thanks for the laugh! Glad it made your day a little better.