9.03.2008

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

it didn't seem appropriate on the first day of school not to have dinner as a family, but with rich's long hours lately i wasn't sure how we could pull that off. so the kids and i met rich down town not far from his office and enjoyed a little dinner break at the garden restaurant. we have never been there before, a neighbor gave us a gift certificate to say thanks for some family portaits i had done for them. it was a great atmosphere, lots of arbors and flowers and trees everywhere. i especially loved the gorgeous sky light roof, and even better - about half-way through dinner the whole thing retracted and we ate under an open sky - so fun!the food was yummy, a little on the fancy side but definitely family friendly and a lot of fun. since the restaurant is at the top of the joseph smith memorial building we enjoyed walking around and taking in all the beautiful views of the city. rich is slowing being broken into the self-portait world, what a trooper.i was sad to say good bye to him after dinner knowing i would have to face h eading home alone, again, and managing all the first day mahem, school supplies, signing a million papers, etc. but i loved having a little bit of time with him for a family dinner, it was a great ending to an exciting day.

7 comments:

patsy said...

the garden is one of my favorite restaraunts in slc!

i love going there- the atmosphere & view & food.... fantastic
what a great night & awesome gift!!

Kristy said...

The Garden yummy!! Good idea to join Rich. Maybe one day soon he will be home once again and no more single parent life for you!

Janae said...

This is a good way to make dinner work for everyone. I love the Garden Restaurant also...maybe a nice future lunch spot:)
~ very nice SPT:)

michelle said...

I love that restaurant! Marc reluctantly participates in self-portraits now, too.

Karrie said...

I haven't been to the garden yet...so lunch someday would be good. Troy and I have the roof gift card to use up...it's way yummy too! I love the photos from the top looking at the temple...so great!

Lori said...

When we FINALLY get to Utah I would LOVE to eat there. I love eating outdoors. And the view, how gorgeous. You have a beautiful family Wende.

Stacie said...

Love the Garden Restaurant!! The view is so beautiful! Looks like a great family day!!