9.12.2008

birthday miracle

you've heard of christmas miracles right? well tonight there was a birthday miracle...i was sitting on the couch waiting for the blogger moms to pick me up for a girl's night out. rich has been working his ridiculous hours and they were saving me from having to spend my birthday home alone! (i have the greatest friends - seriously) when much to my surprise, rich pulled up, and carrying daisies, he told me he left work to come home and take me out on a date for my birthday - what?! the sun was still shining outside and i was shocked. the blogger moms were in on yet another "plan b", a date with my long-lost hubby instead of girlfriends. it was a great night that began with a surprise, and guess what? on the way home we stopped for baskin robbins and i thought i would just order my usual pralines and cream, but then much to my delight, for the first time in YEARS, they had oregon blackberry, my other most favorite, so i decided to have a scoop of each...in a waffle cone. could there be a more perfect dessert?and so really i had two birthday miracles today, rich was home long before sunset and b&r just happened to have my favorite ice cream stocked. it doesn't get any better than that!

p.s. while trying to take the self-portait photo i accidentally took some video instead. it ended up being better than the photo, a real look at how much rich loves my new self-portait obsession!
thanks for humoring me honey, love ya!

13 comments:

Janae said...

I think the plan "B's" are working in your favorite this week! Yeah for Rich for giving you such an awesome surprise!! And, your favorite ice cream on top of it...that's definitely the perfect ending to a great day:)
Happy B-day Wende!

Lisa Moore said...

Happy birthday Wende! I'm glad it was such a fun day for you. Sorry I'm a loser and never called you or anything. I remembered Friday night and figured you were out doing something fun. Glad to see you were!

michelle said...

What a nice surprise! The blogger moms are so cute to keep you in the dark like that.

I love the self-portrait video, it is even better! And I've never had Oregon blackberry, but now I sure want to...

Liz said...

I love it! I am so glad you had a great birthday!

What is the next book for book club and who is hosting it and when??? I miss you...

Karrie said...

I'm so glad you got to experience a Birthday Miracle...you deserve it...Rich with daisies...WOW! He's a thoughtful guy...you picked a good one.

Unknown said...

What fun birthday surprises! You have a very sweet and thoughtful husband, and sweet and thoughtful friends. Happy Birthday!

~Joey (Janae's sister-in-law)

patsy said...

This is a darling post! I'm so happy you are having a great birthday...

jakenapril said...

What a fabulous birthday! I swear I learn something new about you all the time...Oregon Blackberry?!? I knew you were an Oregonian at heart!! And I would love to stock your freezer with some homemade blackberry (maybe they're from Oregon) ice cream. Just name the day and we'll make it together...with love, of course! Happy Birthday Wende Lou Who...who we love bunches and bunches (of daisies!)!!!

Kristy said...

Sorry for lying to you......I am sure I am forgiven!!!! When you called me the last time and asked if you could come and meet us I had to try and get you to stay home or the surprise would be ruined!! I am so glad that Rich could get away for a night!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

what a sweet surprise! happy belated Birthday!!!!

Stacie said...

Wow!! Any guy showing up bearing flowers is a good thing!! A very good thing!! What a sweetie!! Sounds like you got a romantic on your hands!! Just the planning alone should give him a ton of brownie points!! ;)

Cute 'movie'! ;) I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me when I thought it was on photo and it was on movie!!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like your birthday was great! Next time I'm in town we'll have a do-over and I'll take you and Jenny both to Happy Sumo. I wanted to call you but didn't have the minimum 3 hours it would take for us to catch up over the phone! I love you so much and think of you guys all the time. Happy Birthday!

Jill said...

The self-portrait video of you two is darling.

Hooray for birthday miracles! I'm so glad it worked out so well for your special day!