5.26.2008

singing in the rain

i found this adorable frog umbrella for $6 the other day and apparently i bought it just in time. we have had a ton of rain on and off over the last week or so - not that i'm complaining one bit! i love the rain, love the excuse to have to stay in doors, love the smell, love the look of the wet earth, love how it always seems to reflect my feelings. especially this time of year because it's normally so hot and the kids roast at school this last few weeks. so, bring on the rain! ethan sort of gets what to do with his "bwella" (his word), he likes being in the rain so was sort of annoyed that it stopped the rain from falling on him. i was lucky enough to get a couple of photos of him. i think i'm going to order these in a big print as a series with the color one large and in the middle and the other four black and whites smaller and on either side. what do you think? i've been working on enough graduation announcements this last little while that it was fun to edit some of my own photos for a change. love the rain, love this little boy.

9 comments:

marc said...

Great photos! I especially love the rich saturated colors on that last one. Thanks for checking out my blog. I think you'll have no problem finding great subjects for the "Monthly Special."

Stacie said...

Great idea! You are so creative! I love the black and white idea with the color! Cute boy!!

Karrie said...

I think it will look great...I want to see the finished project. Cute kid!

Unknown said...

love the GREEN! (and the cutie patootie subject, too!)

michelle said...

I am loving the color ones! Nice and saturated.

Kristy said...

Too cute!! I am done with the rain though.....I really need to work in my yard before the weeds are taller than me!

Unknown said...

great photos!! cute 'brella and cute kid under it!!

Lori said...

Hi Wende!
This is your long lost cousin from PA. It was sooooooo nice to see your Dad this winter at Dale's 80th bday party.

I was finally able to find your blog & am so happy that I did. Your pics are beautiful. The ones that you did of Angelia are the best pics she has ever had taken. I wish you lived close so you could take the pics at her wedding next month! Hope to hear from you soon!
Hugs, Lori

Janae said...

Love the photos and the idea! This would be a great series. Really great photos:)