5.11.2008

sweet surprises

last thursday i was looking forward to staying home all day for the first time in a while. lauri came over to put together cards for card swap, i don't know why i didn't take a photo, probably because my hair was atrocious. while digging through a bucket of punches i found a happy little surprise, the sd card that had gone missing about 18 months ago was in there! i thought for sure ethan had swallowed it, i could do a whole blog entry about the crazy things that kid swallows. i hurridly put it in the reader and was so happy with what i found. photos of spencer's tenth birthday - look at his short hair! funny photos of ethan's tumbling stage...and a darling photo of allie with ethan...the best part though...baby joey's birthday! look at that little guy! i remember feeling so awful when the card went missing and telling jenny that some day we would find it and it would be a little treat to see all the newborn pics of little joey and today it actually happened! later when i went to pick allie up from school i noticed the lilac bushes were just beginning to bloom, i couldn't resist a few photos.lilac bushes could possibly be my favorite plant ever, the smell is amazing and they're just so pretty to look at. i'm so lucky that the people who lived here long ago planted several bushes that i get to enjoy now. i planted a few of them in my old house and hope that whoever lives there now feels the same way. right around the time that i was beginning to warm up the oven for a dinner that i didn't feel like cooking, lauri called and invited us to eat her fabulous oriental chicken salad!the recipe makes such a big batch and doesn't stay good for very long, and she knows it's my favorite so she was sweet enough to invite us over to eat. happy day! no cooking and great dinner company. sweet surprises all day long.

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Yay! Happy Mothers' Day to me! I can't wait to check out all those pictures. By the way, I wasn't mad. But I am way happy that you have them. I have been noticing lately how big my baby is getting, it will be fun to have pictures of the day he was born...

Karrie said...

Wow Great suprise! I have some undeveloped film...yes film...so you know how old the picutures are...I need to develop them soon!

Stacie said...

I love surprises like that!! Especially when you think you lost them forever!!

Good job Lauri--the salad looks yummy!! :)

Janae said...

Ok...I am really behind here so...
I am sorry about the "ugly fake crocs" what can we do though? When they love something so much? I am always trying to "hide" from those kinds of clothing items but, sometimes we can only do so much. The blog party post was wonderful! I really like the post for your SIL b-day. And...a BOY! WOW! I don't know how anyone gets one of those;) So, so glad those baskets are over for you guys:) what an amazing job you guys did though:)
I am so excited for you to find something lost. That is the BEST feeling ever! And, what great photos to find. A definite sweet surprise:) I love the lilac bushes also. A definite favorite:)

jakenapril said...

Lost and found. I remember when you told me it was missing and we reminisced about other things that were lost once and then found again...in the most amazing places! I'll bet it's great to have those pics back in their rightful place--in your office! And hooray for Oriental Chicken Salad-yum!