5.21.2008

cookin' hot

this season of american idol has been one of my favorites so far, incredible talent and i LOVE that they have been allowed to play their instraments this year if they choose. i know i could get in trouble for saying this but, we are HUGE david cook fans! i know that we sort of have a family link to david archuletta and you know, he's great, he totally deserves to be in the final because he's very talented for sure. but, there's just something extra about david cook that i just go crazy over every time he is on stage. he completely blew me away with his rocker rendition of "hello" and "billie jean", seriously, he's one of the most original contestants i've seen in a long time. every week i find myself excited to see what he's going to do. and for the record, i don't think tonight was a "knock out" to use simon's words. i thought DC was awesome and didn't think he was blown away by DA. so, know that archuletta is the favorite to win, and that's fine, but we have been dialing david cook's numbers all night to try and even the odds a bit. and one thing is for sure, no matter who wins tomorrow, i will be buying david cook's cd the second it hits shelves! good luck dc!

7 comments:

Karrie said...

I'm with you in buying his CD. I just got back from City Council meeting so I haven't watched the show yet, but you'll have to give me you input tomorrow at lunch

patsy said...

I am a cook fan but thought he bombed last night. I don't know if he was under too much pressure or what but he wasn't his usual self.
So, that put me over the edge for Archuletta. yep, we voted over & over for him.... maybe we caceled each other's votes out?

Kristy said...

You should be so proud.....I have watched Idol the past 3 weeks! I watched it last night while cleaning out the hole.....better known as Kyle's room! I loved David Cook....I want him to win tonight. I have to tape it tonight since I have to work....grrrrr!!!

lisa h. said...

wendee....i just wanted to say I LOVED YOUR IDEA about the book gifts for teachers at the end of the year on Kristi's blog!! way cute! i loved secret life of bees as well!

Janae said...

You know I'm right there with you! I can't believe my girls are being rebellious and voted for Archuleta right in front of me:(
I agree Archuleta is very talented. But, to me Cook just has that something extra special that is amazing! I do think he was nervous or something last night. Definitely not himself....yet still amazing!

Stacie said...

Our whole family have been avid Idol fans this season! Yes, Archuleta stole our hearts big time right from the start! Secretly I wanted him to win just because he is from our "home" land!! But Cook definitely has that rocker/popstar image! They are both so talented they have their lives cut out for them even before finding out the actual winner!! Go David and David! :)

jakenapril said...

Notice the rockin' guitar?!? Another reason that Taydog should love playin'...only hot guys play the guitar!!! Hooray for David Cook although I could've done without the 2-hour long finale of music has-beens...except for the spoof with Gladys Knight (OFM--one fine Mormon). Until January 2009...