but since today is a celebration, a happy day, a day of rejoicing...ok, that's taking it too far, but a happy day at least, i thought i would make a list of things i adore about thirty six.
1. i don't need everyone to like me, instead i try to focus on the quality of the relationships that i do have.
2. i don't sweat the small stuff as much as i used too. mostly because i recognize how temporary the small stuff is.
3. line upon line, and precept upon precept adds up to a firm testimony after thirty six years.
4. crying babies make me giggle instead of panic. except at the grocery store, i still feel the urge to rescue children and babies crying three isles over and will steer my cart in the direction of the crying just to check and make sure no one is pinching them. you know, just in case.
5. never buy a bathroom with a mirror that faces the toilet.
6. rubbermaid containers might be the key to happiness.
7. i understand the importance of supportive underwear, liquid make up (no more powder), hair dye and tweezers.
8. i recognize and respect my quirks. it's ok if i don't love public restrooms or movie theaters or being away from home or spiders or closed in spaces or that i cry in the fall when my kids go back to school, or that i totally dig electric blue eye liner. it's just part of me, and those things are just not important enough to worry too much about.
9. it turns out, the old people who said "time flies" (who i thought they were crazy because i was thirteen then, and that age seemed to drone on for eternity), were actually right. where HAS the time gone?
10. (and i'll stop here) purpose. i have a much greater sense of my purpose and responsibilities as a thirty six year old than i did say, ten years ago. and i'm more comfortable in that role, especially that of being a wife and mother. i adore this (not so) little brood and hopefully nurturing them well will be my greatest accomplishment.
yup, thirty six is a-ok.
but seriously, does anyone know a good neck firming cream?
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Wende... and Rich...you guys are the BEST!!!
When you find that neck firming cream let me know...to they make supportive devices for you neck and face ....like supportive underwear?
It looks like a really fun day!
I thought about you off & on all day & meant to call at the "right time"... heck, I should've known that wasn't going to come!
sorry
love you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY- and I am so looking forward to your birthday dinner on saturday!!!!
Happy birthday Wende! You are so genuine and fun to be around. I hope you had a great day!
Happy Birthday to one of my favorite girls in the world!!
I hope you had an awesome birthday!
I also want to know when you find a good neck firming cream too.....I've got issues there as well!
Be ready to party on Saturday night! :)
Number 5 on your list is so great and only something you can realy learn from experience. It's almost sick how wise and mature you are becoming with age. It's a good thing your so witty or else you might sound like an 86 year old! Then you would really have some neck problems!!!
Love you Wende, hope you hade a great day!
Happy Birthday girl!!!!
Yes, at 36 - you're still a girl!
But I am glad I am not the only one in angst about my pores and neck and I have those same permanent lines between the eyebrows. Yuck. You're not alone.
LOVE your list. It was awesome -
like YOU ARE AWESOME!
Have a great year!
Love that last picture with all those cute kiddos of yours:)
Happy Birthday Wende! Can't wait for our celebration...it's coming faster now that tomorrow is coming.
Looks like your day was a good one and I think you will love that kindle being the great reader you are.
Oh crap! I totally missed your birthday. Although we just know each other via blogging, there is something very unique and refreshing about you and I am certain that if we lived in the same town, we would be super friends...(you could help me not sweat the small stuff)...
I love your list...so funny about the mirror facing the toilet...I can't even imagine how disturbing that would be...
I don't know about a good neck firming cream...that stupid neck exercizer I bought last year was a huge waste of money...I was hoping for dramatic results, but the only results I get is a neck cramp....
I just bought more Bare Minerals foundation powder...should I not have gotten it? Is cream the way to go?
Happy Belated Birthday my funny friend...
XO
Post a Comment