11.02.2009

camouflage


this studdly guy, my youngest brother brandon, turned twenty-eight last saturday.
he celebrating his birthday during his first weekend at boot camp in fort knox, kentucky, because he joined the army. that's right, i said JOINED THE ARMY. at first when he told me his plan, i really questioned his sanity. then, i realized, it's something he just feels like he needs right now in his life. something he just needs to do. and i respect that. i mean, who can argue with that?

we had a big family party on the saturday before he left as a sort of send-off to one of our favorite people.  lots of silliness ensued. (more photos  and videos coming later)
 we also had brandon and my parents over for a little family dinner on sunday, we laughed, but we also cried, because seven months is a long time.
lucky for us, we found out that he gets a two-week break from boot-camp over christmas, so that made it a little easier to see him off at the airport.
i think he'll be wearing his camos next time we see him though, so we might have a hard time finding him.
love you little bro.
take care of yourself.

7 comments:

jakenapril said...

great post, wende! christmas break can't come soon enough, that's for sure. :)

Kristy said...

I can't wait to see all your family pictures that you had taken they sound awesome!!

I remember sending my bro off to the Coast Guard......not an easy thing to do. :)

patsy said...

God Bless him!
He has such beautiful blue eyes!

Anonymous said...

Nice post Wende. I so appreciate your blog as well as April's as they help keep me in touch with the family. Keep up the great work! Brandon should be home on December 18th and will be heading back to KY on January 2nd. It will certainly be a memorable Christmas.

Dad

Lisa Moore said...

My little brother just enlisted in the marines and goes to boot camp in January. We all thought he was crazy at first too. But, same thing as your brother, he just felt like it was what he needed to do. Our country needs good men defending it.

christy said...

Hey! I found you off of PW...don't you just love her?

Thearmy? Your little brother? That's wonderful! I am an army wife...going on 17 years and I LOVE LOVE my life. Army life as an army wife is WONDERFUL! I'm proud of your brother!

and....love your corner of the internet!

Karrie said...

Wow...I love this photo of you two...Veteran's Day is a big deal this year for your family!!!