this is the time of year for family portraits. everyone loves the autumn leaves. unfortunately, it's also the time of year that i feel the most anxiety about my craft. i still get knots in my stomach before a shoot, especially a family one. it's really dumb, i know, but welcome to my anxiety, it's the irrational kind.
there's plenty to worry about with a family shoot, they seem to be the hardest ones for me. i worry about being able to capture the right tone and feel of the family, getting the group to all smile and hold their heads just right at the same time, and of course all the technical aspects of the photoraphy itself. it's enough to make a girl quit her glorified hobby job, and believe me, i've considered it several times. but, i have a secret weapon, and her name is allie.
you thought i was going to say xanex didn't you?
not unlike xanex, allie has a nice, happy, calming effect on me.
makes me feel like i'm not alone at the shoot, and takes away some of the anxiety for me. makes me feel like i brought a "crew" with me which helps me feel more professional. 'cause you know you only bring a crew if you're a pro. right?
she's also good at placing people, which is such a relief, that's one of the hardest parts for me. she's also fantastic at "wrangling" the children, which can include, but is not limited to: jumping up and down, making funny faces, loud zerbert-like noises, etc. no matter what, she gets the job done.
oh and did i mention?
she is a fabulous photographer herself.
and i feel a little twinge of JOY when i see this...
so she's also my little apprentice, except she has a way better eye for beauty than i did at her age.
is there nothing that this girl can't do?
and of course, we have to have a little self portait before we leave the shoot.
freezing cold red noses and all.
love. this. girl.
3 comments:
I didn't think allie looked much like you UNTIL I saw these pictures. Can totally see her mom in that face. cute.
I had a dream I had to go to Mt Vernon High School last night. I had a schedule and couldn't find anything. I had to tote my 2 year old around with me,too. Weird!
me too! love the one of you two together...and the one of allie taking a picture. i think i have one of you doing the same thing! :)
Allie is such a great assistant...I think you must be grooming the next generation of Mom Photographers in the Moore family.
Post a Comment