9.23.2009

then and now

every time i remember to take a photo of kitchen with the cabinets all painted and hung, it's a total mess and i put it off for later. well, here it is about two months or so later, and apparently, my kitchen is never clean. so i'm posting the photo dirty dishes and all. just to remind ya'll what the kitchen looked like when we bought this money pit, er, i  mean house, a before photo.

green wall paper, and lots of it, brass light fixtures that made it impossible to talk to someone across the counter, super dry wood cupboards that looked like they needed a big drink of water, and of course, the gross floor. bleh. so here we are today.





new cherry wood floor, sanded, primed and painted cupboards with updated hardware, new lights that stay on the ceiling where they belong, and of course, no more wall paper. 

so there is still lots to be done, i have more plates to hang, a lot of touch up painting to be done, and i'm coveting some new butcher block style counter tops, but over all, it's finished and i'm THRILLED with the results. it was a loooooong processes and a ton of work, but worth it for sure.

10 comments:

Lisa Allen said...

Wende, I LOVE it! Of course, the floors, cupboards, hardware, etc. are all fabulous, but I especially love the way you hung your plates-- so creative!

Lisa Moore said...

That's beautiful Wende! What a lot of work! That is a HUGE job to do all yourself! I can't wait to see it all in person sometime.

patsy said...

wowza!!

Janae said...

Awesome! I really love it. A definite makeover winner:)

shannon said...

Wende...this is beautiful! I love before and after pictures and this transformation is just fabulous! I'm envious that this process is over for you and you now have an updated kitchen...

I'm about 3 years away from revamping my kitchen...

carolee said...

gorgeous! i need you and your mom to decorate my house for me. you two have such a great style!

Jill said...

Wow, what a difference! The Hunter Green of the 90s has soooo worn out its welcome! You must love being in the kitchen more than ever!

She Loves To Make said...

Looks AWESOME!!!

jakenapril said...

LOOOOOOVE IT!!!! wow, i am always amazed at your visions of how things CAN be instead of how they ARE. Love the plates, love the cabinets, love the color scheme...absolutely amazing!
and yes, goodbye wallpaper!!!!

Karrie said...

What a huge difference seeing those pictures must make you feel so good.

I love the plates so lovely!