did you know, that you can wrap fabric around a frame and hang it on your wall and voila! you have beautiful canvas art? it's true. and pretty inexpensive. especially considering that i just saw something like this in the pier 1 catalogue, each block was $30!! whatever. make them yourself for about $10.
these are the blocks that i made for my bedroom:
and these are the super cool ones that i made for ethan's room. i love that they fill up so much empty space on the wall - and that they hang so straight and perfect thanks to karrie's awesome laser level. thanks karrie!
the photos just don't do them justice, they are so much cuter in person.
i have an idea for using old photo frames fro the DI without the glass to make a collage of little ones on allie's wall. i'll let you know how it turns out. easy peasy, just the way i like decorating to be.
8 comments:
These look so great!!! I want to try this.
I LOVE the fabrics you picked out! You have such a creative eye and such good taste :) I am definitely going to try this when I re-decorate Chelsea and Siena's room. Siena's still in a crib, if you can believe it, so it's probably about time...
I am looking forward to seeing the fames idea, it sounds way cute!
I love it ~ you are such a genius!!! I think you should check out this site for ideas:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6230009
My favorite is the 'getting pretty kitty' and how they use smaller frames in pieces to make the whole!
I love these, what a great idea!
These turned out so great!!!! I want to make some Emily!
I'm so glad they are still hanging and still look very straight...great idea!
So cute
What a great idea! I lvoe the ones in your room and in Ethan's! I am going to have to try that! :)
Post a Comment