.JPG)
during a hymn at church today i found myself really enjoying the beautiful tenor voice of the dad sitting in the row behind me. i love sitting in front of people who can really sing because they help me stay in-tune and i end up enjoying the song even more. it wasn't until about the third song that i realized the people behind us didn't have a dad sitting with them. the lovely singing was coming from taylor, you know, the teenager who lives at my house? i forget sometimes that his voice has changed a lot in the last few months. sometimes i don't even recognize him when he answers the phone. i'm thinking,
"who's this guy answering my phone?" and then i remember that he's sounding more like a man. the realization that the beautiful music was taylor was a little startling. but, i purposely moved past the saddness of how fast he's growing up and moved right into feeling so pleased about what a great young man, and singer, he has become. oh man i love this kid.
4 comments:
You go Taylor! I love to listen to boys/men sing.
Taylor rocks!!
I was constantly preaching to my kids when they were younger that singing the hymns is how we worship & respect in church. now it's really paying off. EVeryone but trent, sings in our family, I'm working on him but he may be a lost cause on that one?
I LOVE IT when anyone sings in church but especially if they really can!
I just think that taylor is a great kid- my boys used to PURPOSely answer the phone in their deep voices... so funny.
I need him on our bench...we sing very quietly...all of us are tone deaf...not really just me.
Oh what a bittersweet moment for a mom. Isn't it weird that when I think of Taylor I still think of him as one of my 9-year-old bear scouts-- it's hard for me to think of him as a teenager! But they just keep growing up, don't they...
Post a Comment