10.05.2008

recharging

it was a perfect weekend for staying home, in my pajamas and slippers mostly, cozy on the couch with an embroidery project (my first), to watch conference. it's finally cold and rainy today, i've been waiting for the cold, where has it been! i made everyone keep the windows open even though it was kind of chilly, it just felt so good to have cool, fresh, rainy air circulating through our house. conference weekend is such a special time for me, i'm not sure that there's anything better than listening to the encouragement of our beloved prophet and other general authorities. what a great opportunity to recharge my spiritual batteries, what beautiful and simple messages were given. from this weekend and listening to their talks, i took away HOPE and ENCOURAGEMENT and REASSURANCE and LOVE and CHARITY. and as always, they said all the things that i needed to hear. i'm so grateful, just so incredibly grateful for all the good in my life.

6 comments:

Cecilia said...

Amen.
I'm so recharged and ready for the next 6 months.
Oh how I loved watching General Conference this weekend!
I can't wait to see your embroidery project :)

patsy said...

We kept the windows open too! I love the rain-

what a great conference!! great post :)

Hailey said...

CUTE SLIPPERS

Lisa Allen said...

I have to agree, Conference weekends are my absolute favorite and I really look forward to them, and this one did not disappoint. And like you I enjoyed the rain and kept the windows open too!

jakenapril said...

i need to find me some nice cozy conference-watchin' slippers! hooray for cooler weather and the recharging that the prophet brings. and hooray for gratitude.

michelle said...

Yes! It was perfect Conference weekend weather! It just made the stay-at-home and hibernate feelings all the stronger.