i've been behind on this blog since spring break
ok, maybe way before then
do i try to catch up at this point?
a fantastic spring break
dance recital
school play
choir and orchestra concerts
PROM
lacrosse
end of school
photo shoots
a new house!
and more
just the number of photos involved is overwhelming.
we are moved in - sort of
feeling humbled by how many people helped us
we are loved
every day i unpack boxes
but don't make a lot of progress
how is that?
loving this rambler house
but missing the old house's storage capacity
allie counted twelve closets in that house, not including bedrooms
this house, has TWO including the pantry
what the?
where do i put the broom?
thinking vertically lately for storage solutions
"oh look, a tiny space right up there! is it too small for a shelf?"
my computer is not set up yet
mostly because i don't know where to put it
all of my photos are on it, so i need to figure that out soon
the living room seemed like a good choice
but there would be computer cables showing
does that seem tacky?
but i like lap-topping at the kitchen table, or sofa, or bedroom
i'm shocked that it's summer already
but glad it's here
not excited to squeeze into a swimming suit soon
but we love to swim so i guess i just need to suck in
(if only that really worked)
loving that our backyard is right off the kitchen now
ethan plays outside a ton more than before
which means he will have more freckles this year
even though i lather him with sunscreen constantly
excited about buying a fire pit for roasting marshmallows
the pouring rain squashed our plans of testing it out tonight
the kids and i saw DAVID COOK in salt lake today
you know, my cookie who i love?
and i turned into a nervous nellie
and i didn't want to bug him
or make him feel like a zoo animal
so i didn't take his photo
or get his autograph
or tell him that i think he's amazing
or that we voted and screamed when he won
or that i call him cookie
i was afraid i would sound like an idiot
"oh my gosh, we like, totally voted for you!"
he was shorter in person than i thought he would be
but still very handsome
how did i blow this chance to meet him?
can i really call myself his number one fan now?
disappointed in myself
what is appropriate celebrity sighting behavior anyway?
how do you feel about computer cords in the living room?
8 comments:
I really need to make the BIG drive(jk) and come see the new house!
I hate my cords under my computer and they are such a mess. I know there are things you can buy to hide maybe you should check some of that stuff out, I know I need too.
Not having enough storage space stinks. I don't have a place for a broom either and it drives me CRAZY! That is one of my requirements when I re do my kitchen in the next 100 years! Good Luck finding places for everything!
Glad you're moved in--
The end of the school year is busy enough without having a MOVE added into that! I would be a frazzled mess...
Why is it that celebrities always seem shorter in person? (What was he doing in Salt Lake?)
Will you hate me if I tell you that I did not vote for David Cook?
It always seemed to me that he was doing something nasty behind the woodshed...how's that for judging?! hee hee...He had a great voice, but I was partial to David A...
I love Everything else about you Wende! :)
I can't wait to see pictures of your new house! I hear it is BEAUTIFUL!
Comuter chords in the living room is really a matter of asking yourself "What is the purpose of this room?"
We decided a few years ago that the home/visisting teachers do not live in our home, so why exactly did they need to have their own room?
We then took that space back, put the book shelves in there as well as a nice looking computer table that hides the keyboard. The monitor is on the table, the computer is on the floor next to the table and the cords are mostly hidden by the dining room style desk chair. (We also refer to that room as the LIBRARY sometimes.)
But then again, I have never really gotten around to decorating that room in the first place.
Congratulations on your new home and good luck with the computer question.
Walmart (of all places) used to have a sweet black armoire that was actually a computer desk. When the doors are closed it just looks like a cool cabinet/armoire. under 200 bucks too. That's an idea anyway.
Thanks for the update though!! glad you're moved in almost! can't wait to see the pics!!
and
You saw COOKIE?? Lucky!! I can't believe you chickened out at talking to him though!!! What a cutie!!
I can't believe you saw him ...lucky you!
I'm sure there is a solution to the computer cords in the living room..it will be fine.
I can't wait to see how everything looks I'm sure you are tired and ready for a break!
Ummm how much gas money does it take to drive to Farmington????
JK
OK, I haven't been a very good blog follower but since Lauri said you just moved we have something in common! My old house had good storage (huge bedroom closets and hall closets!). My new house has more square feet but less storage space...? In your words, "what the...?" It does have a basement with a big family room--that was my ultimate goal--somewhere to send the kids to play! But I hate the master closet--and no linen closet...? ;)
I HATE moving but get excited about painting and hanging things. We didn't have to change wards here. You know...out of UT the wards are miles wide! (ours is 17 miles long!) Can't wait to see your pictures!!
Post a Comment