3.15.2010

fresh air

poor april, she's been making that crazy face on my blog for two plus weeks now. it's time for a change.

it's been a long couple of weeks, for starters, i tended my two nieces and nephew for nine days while their mom and dad were in hawaii on vacation. we had a lot of fun being a family of nine for that time, but i was so tired at the end of each day, that blogging took a back seat in my life. we're back to being a family of six again but i feel overwhelmed at the task of "catching up". i decided to just take it one little random thing at a time. so here goes...

i finally bought something i've been coveting now for two years, i've been thinking about since i first saw it. but it's a frivolous purchase and i could never really justify it. well, since all of our money is going towards fixing up and beautifying this house of ours lately, i decided it could really fall into that category. right? beautifying the deck? it's totally justified.
isn't it lovely? i know! i don't even have to sit in it to feel the love, i just peek out the window and there it is all inviting and sweet. i have a weakness for rocking chairs.

the best part of this house is the awesome view (although this day was over cast and gloomy and you can't see the mountains), but most days, it's really the perfect spot to relax and unwind. (by the way, that thing in the sky is the bottom of our bird feeder, not a UFO)
so a new rocking chair is not really a home improvement project per say, but it does feel like an improvement to my day to sit outside for a little while and enjoy the fresh air. i highly recommend it.

8 comments:

patsy said...

Wow!!
I love it-
after we bought our front porch furniture we felt like our house was bigger. We spend a lot of time out there when the weather is good. A LOT!!
Sometimes I wonder if the neighbors think we are watching them?? We really aren't- it's just so nice to be out in the morning eating breakfast, after noon watching the kids play & at night we do sparklers all summer long. I hope you get achance to use yours in a new home on a new porch- can I join you?

Kristy said...

I am soooo JEALOUS.....I want one of those rocking chairs! Maybe when my deck is all done in the back yard. I love to sit outside especially after the few warm days we have had.

Liz said...

Hmmm, I remember putting a little tv & vcr outside on our back patio and watching a movie on a nice night... Just a thought!

Janae said...

So glad that's not a UFO in the last picture;) LOVE the cute rocking chair! It does look very inviting and with the yellow flowers next to it perfect! I think it is definitely a home improvement...and one you can take with you:)

jakenapril said...

aw, i will miss my crazy face but i applaud the new post! won.der.ful! you are amazing, do you know that? sure love you...and i love the new rocking chair!

She Loves To Make said...

That is so beautiful! If I had that chair I would be outside all the time!

Unknown said...

love it! love the color! i want one!!

Karrie said...

I love the staging you did for the deck. I also saw your listing today and your house looks so great....I hope you get an offer soon!!!