nothing super big going on around here, so for now, all i can post are my random bits of life...
one. i'm so happy that chuck and american idol are back!
happy that captain awesome has played a bigger role this season so i have more time to look at him.
i almost forgot how yummy he is.
we already have a few favorites on idol, but i'm glad it's hollywood week coming up, i'm so done with the auditions.
two AND three. we should've bought ethan an ipod for christmas too. he's constantly pestering the teenagers to borrow theirs so he can play the games.
AND, i found these woody costume pjs online for so cheap i couldn't pass them up, i knew they would be a hit. he's been wearing them around the house with his cowboy boots non stop.
what's funnier than a toddler dressed as woody playing his sister's pink ipod on the couch?
four. i bought a dyson! after years and years of needing a new vacuum every eight months or so (seriously), i finally talked rich into picking one of these sweet babies up.
i was so excited about the new purchase, that yesterday i vacuumed every inch of the house including dusty mouldings, blinds, window seals, cobwebs, and ceiling fans. i had to empty the canister SIX times. gross, but also glorious.
five. three words: good. mail. goodness. the first delivery, were these red farberware pots and pans that i've been coveting over forever. they're so gorgeous!
thank you april who found the killer deal and my mom who agreed to go in on them with her! second, my cute friend nicki spoiled me rotten with a fun box full of music, treats, home decor and delightful personal touches. i loved that she stuck this fortune to the outside of the box.
i'm so lucky to have such cute ladies in my life!
six. one of the best ideas i've ever had. last week at sunday dinner, i told the teenagers that they were going to be in charge of choosing a dinner that week, and that they would responsible for helping to prepare it. i'm realizing that although the kids have some cooking experience, taylor's leaving for college in 2.5 years (what the heck?!) and i probably ought to step it up in the kitchen department. taylor can't afford to lose any calories from his diet.
so this week, we had shepherd's pie, chicken & veggie stir fry and homemade pizza all prepared by teenagers. the best part is thoroughly enjoying my time with them in the kitchen.
the end.





9 comments:
One of my FAVORITE things in life is the freedom of little kids to follow thier bliss in the clothing department. I love boys in Woody costumes and cowboy boots and girls in tutu's at the grocery store.
Kids cooking= Good, but only if they clean up too.
LOVE your new pots and pans!
And I'm jealous-- can't wait until my kids are old enough to actually be helpful in the kitchen (not just wanting to "help"/get in the way)
Ethan is utterly edible!!! Look at him in those sweet little pjs!
I just want to give him a big smooch!
You are such a cool mom to teenagers...It's funny to me to hear you say, "the teenagers"...that will so be me someday...I almost can't wait. I think I will be a much better mother to teenagers than to little kids...(don't quote me on that!) (promise me that you'll be there for me when the teenage years do come?) :)
I love your pots and pans! And in RED! How divine!!!
P.S. I, too, am looking forward to Hollywood week on Idol. I would totally hate being there for that but it sure is fun to watch...
I'm done with the auditions, too!
I am looking at the dyson vacuums. Which one did you get? Where did you get it? Kohls has them on sale this week and I have a 30% off coupon and want to get one. Is it light weight? I am so jealous!!!
I am dying over the woody pj's and cowboy boots...what a scream!!!
Kids cooking in the kitchen is a great idea...wish I thought of it.
Love Love Love Love my Dyson...I am a real vacuum endorser and Dyson is top of my list!!!
Joey has asked me a hundred times to see Ethan in his Woody jammies. They are pretty sweet! We've got some serious jealousy brewing
Gotta love the Dyson. I think I must be disgusting, because I'm always excited to see just how much junk my dyson sucked up. I know, I'm gross!
I totally heart Chuck and looking at C.A. ~sweet!~
love your red p & ps!! i love buying red stuff for my kitchen too!
great idea of having the kids do a meal. i need to be better at that - i've only had him do it a few times.
love the woody pjs!! with boots = awesome!
Post a Comment