8.25.2009

say what?

on saturday afternoon after i realized i didn't remember ethan ever going potty in the morning-

me: ethan, are you still wearing your diaper? (he wears one at night still)
ethan: no.
me: oh, did you put on your underpants?
ethan: no, i'm going commando.

huh? where do you think he learned what "going commando" means? i blame the teenagers.

while smelling candles at target the other day-
ethan: oooo, mom smell this one.
me: oh that's nice, it's cinnamon.
(ethan smells the candle again looking confused)
ethan: no it's not, it's hot tamales.

the other day in the car-
ethan: is it my birthday yet?
me: not yet, not until after halloween.
ethan: how about now?
me: no.
ethan: how about now?
me: no.
ethan: how about now?
me: no.
two days later...
ethan: is it my birthday yet?
me: no, not yet, it's not until after halloween.
ethan: (throwing his arms up exhasperated) but it's been dark TWO TIMES!
repeat this conversation at least three times every day since then, you get the picture. i'm remembering a time about 18 months or so ago, when the doctor requested some testing for autism because he wasn't even using one syllable. not so much a concern these days.

9 comments:

Kristy said...

I am still laughing about the commando story......Ethan is such a little character!!!

She Loves To Make said...

I'm laughing about the commando line too! What a crack up!

patsy said...

man I love this kid!

jakenapril said...

e has such a great sense of humor and great comedic timing. me, not so much. sure love all the great stories. more to come, i'm sure of it. and yes, i blame the teenagers too (oh, crap!)

Karrie said...

I am laughing so hard right now...what a cutie!

Janae said...

oh k~ from Patsy's making me cry, your making me laugh! blogging really is the best...who couldn't see that?
That boy is too dang cute! you've gotta love the toddler talk. I think two times dark should definitely equal b-day time:)
love your first day photos.
and, happy late b-day to Taylor!

shannon said...

What a character this little guy is...(I have the perfect girlfriend for him!) They can both obsess about their birthdays together! Ellie is constantly saying things like..."Is it my birthday yet?" "I'm not going to invite you to my birthday party" or "For my birthday, I want..."
(talk about pressure!!)

The sad thing is that her birthday was in July and we didn't really have a big bang up celebration for it...poor kid...

carolee said...

hilarious! what a clever little guy!

Jill said...

No way! He said he was going commando?! That's awesome.