6.01.2009

alone at last!

thanks to a doting grandma and a best friend willing to double as a taxi driver, rich and i made it out of town for our anniversary on friday. we didn't go far, park city, and only for one night, but it was a fantastic 36 or so hours for sure. at lunch we realized we haven't been alone over night together since our cruise in 2004! what the? how does time get away from us like that? we concluded that we will definitely not be waiting five years to do it again.
things to remember-
(things i photographed, and things i did not)

*lunch at CPK even though rich hates that place. (thanks hon)

*gorgeous scenery everywhere, drive up and back, hotel room and view.

*the barn with the flag that i'm going to photograph some day.

*the teeny tiny movie theater.

*getting a little lost trying to find the teey tiny theater.

*dinner at baja cantina - our fave little restaurant in park city and mexican flags in our food.

*sleeping in until TEN with the air conditioning blasting. ahhh.

*getting caught in some serious rain while shopping the outlet stores. wow.

*seeing park city as a ghost town this time of year.

*holding hands the absolute whole time.

*discovering the most yummy breakfast place.

*who knew spinach in your eggs could be so fabulous?

*not getting even ONE spot on my white shirt all day. i had some close calls though.

*the gorgeous brighton jewelry rich gave me as a surprise.

*coming home to four happy to see us kids.

*finding out that they had mowed, trimmed and weeded while we were gone.
i love you babe, thanks for such a great weekend.
next time, we're staying for two nights.

6 comments:

Lisa Allen said...

There's nothing like an occasional night away from the kids to remind you why you married each other... you two are such a cute couple! Happy Anniversary! And I LOVE your wedding day picture with the kids-- it is so, so sweet.

Stacie said...

I saw Baja Cantina and got all choked up! That is where we all use to eat when we went to the cabin as a Girls Night Out group!

I Love Park City! It has changed a bit since I have been there but it looks like you guys had fun and found some great places to do things!

Congrats on 10 years!

Janae said...

I love this post! I am ready to go to Park City right now! the food all looks seriously yummy. so glad you guys had some time to yourselves:)
2004 was definitely too long ago$#@!#@

patsy said...

oh this looks like so much fun!

I love park city-
I am dying to see the Brighton Jewelry!!

HOORAY for kids doing the chores & mom & dad getting time out :)

Karrie said...

oh man I love that restaurant too...what a great weekend..it's amazing how being alone is so underappreciated until you get to do it.

Unknown said...

reads like a great vacay!! good for you guys!