it's for a good reason. i have some big news and needless to say, it's made me a little preoccupied.
it started out as just an idea, something rich and i were just talking about. at first, he wasn't really on board. but, the more we talked, the more fun it sounded and the more excited i started to get. then we, (really me more than him), decided that a change could be good for us, in fact, it could be down right refreshing. but then i started to become obsessed with the details, how long would we have to wait? can we afford it - it's alwasy more expensive than you think it's going to be? do i really have it in me to pull this off? we decided that we don't really have all the answers, but we do have some experience, so we think that this will be a welcome change. even though the road to getting there will be rough. and so it began...

i decided to paint my kitchen cabinets. i know, i'm crazy. it's been a mammoth project that has completely taken over my life. so far, i've cleaned out all the cupboards, taken down the doors and drawers, sanded, taped and primed - and that's just the cupboards! the doors and drawers are all stacked in the garage and will have to wait until another day. i can't believe how much work this has been, WAY more labor intensive that i anticipated. this weekend i pretty much did nothing else and was so happy to get the priming done that i did a little happy dance all over the house. and now you know why i am a blog neglector.
and just incase you're wondering about the pink and blue? the blue is really grey, and those cupboards are going to be black, and the pink cupboards are going to be a deep brick red. tinting the primer really helps a job along. the funny part of all of this, is that spencer thought these were the colors i had chosen and confessed to rich that he didn't really care for them. infact, he asked rich, "why did you let mom choose the paint color, the cupboards look awful."
so what do you think, am i crazy?
have you ever painted your cupboards?
would you like a blue and pink kitchen?
11 comments:
You are CRAZY!!!! Oh the memories this brings back to me from my life last year! It is a MAMMOTH project....especially with a toddler! Things are looking really good....love the pink and blue, I think you should leave it...lol! I should be a good friend and come help you so call me when you are ready to paint again!
Oh Wende, what a project!! But it will be so worth it. It will look so great when its done.
It would be ton of work to do the kitchen but it is going to look so awesome when you're done! I can't wait to see pictures.
With that pink or blue header, I thought for sure you were going to say that you were having another baby. However, cabinets are good too, not as good as a baby, but still good.
I'm with Gail-- with that title I got so excited thinking you were having another baby! But of course I remembered that you were painting your cabinets. It is a HUGE job, but it will be so worth it! The black and red will look awesome (my favorite colors!). But the current pink and blue reminds me of my mother-in-law's kitchen... unchanged since 1989. I can't wait to see it when it's done, I love your decorating taste.
I love that Spencer was confiding to his dad about your horrible color choice;)!!! That was so funny. A very good laugh. That is really cute of him though.
I think they are going to look awesome. I can't imagine the work of it all but, hopefully that will all be in the past soon:)
In my opinion, pink makes everything look good. "Pink is my signature color" (Steel Magnolias). That is such a big project! I can't wait to see it this summer. It will look awesome!
I love that you are painting your cabinets. I did mine about 6 months before Kristy did. It changes everything and isn't a huge expense. OK maybe mentally but really we have children so we are all a little mentally challenged right?
I haven't done it, but I've seen it done. It's intense, but it will be wonderful. I hope you'll post the results.
I'm so relieved you aren't really painting the kitchen pink and blue!
This appears to be an enormous job, but a super exciting one too. Way to go! I can't wait to see the results.
I totally pick pink in stead of blue..JK I'm excited for you what a big change it will be.
Post a Comment